Spec Check if you would be so kind

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
Looked around and cant get a standard PC spec.ed how I want it , so found this site from trawling for decent builders.

This PC will be for mostly editing large photos and graphics files , and for a bit of video editing , looking at this lasting a few years so have specced accordingly , please note I am not interested in gaming so that should not be a factor , and shouldn't require over clocking.

Just looking for a little advice to see if I am in the right ball park ...... all advice appreciated .... well possibly not about fashion or religion !

Case
STYLISH PIANO BLACK ENIGMA CASE + 2 FRONT USB
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i7-2600 Quad Core (3.40GHz, 8MB Cache) + HD Graphics
Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V LX: USB 3.0, SATA 6GBs, ATI®CrossFireX
Memory (RAM)
16GB SAMSUNG DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (4 X 4GB)
Graphics Card
2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 - 2 DVI,HDMI,VGA - 3D Vision Ready
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB SATA-II 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 32MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
10x LG BLU-RAY RE-WRITER DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£65)
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply
600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£59)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE INTEL CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD (£16)
USB Options
2 PORT USB 3.0 INTERNAL PCI EXPRESS CARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 8 to 10 working days
Miscellaneous
Created Using Jargon Free Configurator
Quantity

Price: £997.00 including VAT and delivery.

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
forgot to add I will be running at least two moniters on this set up ,

Oh and Merry Chrsitmas to you all

bg92

Expert
This spec looks good. But there are somethings thing might be worth improving like the case to at least cm 310 elite, the hard drive to a caviar black, a 2tb costs less than the 1tb so go for that. And I would change the power supply to the corsair 650w unit.

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
chhers for that , upped the Hardrive , altered the PSU .... can you tell me the advantage of the higher spec. case ? Always considered these just a box for keeping the expensive parts in , or am I missing something ?

bg92

Expert
Mainly better cooling. More room for upgrades. Better cases have more features, like removable hard drive cages etc. Most cases support tool-less installation of new hardware. It's about the looks of the case as well.

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
Okay , not too worried about the upgradeing side as I think the Spec including the upgrades you recomended should serve me well for the time that I plan to keep the PC. Also looks are of no importance to me ( if you'd met the Mrs you'd know this was the case) , however with that in mind for the pice of the upgraded case, and for the better cooling it would be the more prudent optionl.

Cheers for your time and advise , was worth the imput.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
id definitely recommend getting the 310 case, much better cooling

also dont forget silver warranty for a fiver

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
I assume that SSD's are now faster than the HDD , however due to the huge amount of photos , graphics files and movie files I am looking at the 1TB range at least , now for that amount of storage I think that the SSD price would put it well out of the practicality range.

The Mrs would kill me , do you know how many pairs of shoes that would be ?

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
Ah now after re-thinking I now assume that you were on about a cache drive for my main HDD .... that would make more sense !

phicla

Bronze Level Poster
Well all arrived and now up and running (to a sort) , upgaded the case mid order to the PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE , a couple of issues but nothing that couldnt be sorted with a screwdriver and a bit of process elimination , will have to update the sig when photoshop is installed.

Will provide pics and review when inportant stuff installed .... seeing as you lot see to like pictures of computer boxes and stuff.

All in all well pleased