Speccing a coding PC

Heyo, just after a basic spec for a coding PC, maybe some Minecraft. Coding will be done in webapps so nothing too heavy. Standard storage requests, SSD for OS and 1tb for general storage. Some minor video editing or using Adobe Illustrator. TIA

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Heyo, just after a basic spec for a coding PC, maybe some Minecraft. Coding will be done in webapps so nothing too heavy. Standard storage requests, SSD for OS and 1tb for general storage. Some minor video editing or using Adobe Illustrator. TIA
Did you not just buy a PC recently?

Max budget probably around £1k but less would be better of course, given what she needs it for. She's got a standard 24" monitor and a Dell 4k 27" she got from her employer but she uses it for personal use too.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Max budget probably around £1k but less would be better of course, given what she needs it for. She's got a standard 24" monitor and a Dell 4k 27" she got from her employer but she uses it for personal use too.
I take it tge screens are 60hz?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
TBH the budget is really restricted for it's uses. Any kind of video editing or Illustrator work is going to hugely benefit from a dedicated GPU, but the budget doesn't allow for anything meaningful, even an RTX2060 12Gb would take you over (which is the lowest you want to go for hardware acceleration).

I'm not really able to offer any advice at that level I'm afraid.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How about "bare minimum" style of thinking?
I would never recommend a bare minimum system. It results in poor performance and you pay a lot more for it

I wouldn't gp less than £1500 for something worthwhile. Pc hardware has risen substantially in cost since the pandemic, a lot of components are still inflated prices