specs for new multi use pc.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
Case
LIAN LI LANCOOL II GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler (AMD)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Grumpywurzel

Bright Spark
Thats a 1080p panel isnt it? Are you planning on buying a higher resolution one? Just thinking the RTX 3080 is a bit of an overkill? Also @SpyderTracks is probably the guy to ask, but I hear that AMD are releasing news on the new Zen 3 (5000 series) CPU's next week, might be worth holding out till then?

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
was thinking about this one
ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q, 27 Inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) Gaming Monitor, IPS, Up to 165 Hz, DP, HDMI, USB 3.0, G-SYNC, Black.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hi @Danpulse, one of the upcoming 3060Ti's would likely be the best GPU for that monitor. It'll save you some moolah if you hang on!

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
Hello, i know the 3080 is a little overkill and that a 3070 or 3060ti would do, but i have always wanted a '80' series graphics card.
The best graphics card i have had is the 1050ti in my current daily driver laptop.

The only thing i am starting to think i may upgrade on this system is CPU to a 5000 series and ram to 3600mhz instead of the 3200 i have ordered.

So many new things all coming out atm lol.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
If you're going to get an 80 series GPU, you should get the monitor to utilise the power of it. Otherwise you're literally throwing your money away.

or

Anything lower that something like these is just a waste.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Aren't they just? Mega monitors. The G9 ain't cheap but if you're set on getting a 3080, that's the kinda monitor that will do it justice.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
You are completely right, i may have to settle for the other monitor for a bit and upgrade at a later date.
I would love to have the cash to splash straight away lol.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Excellent. We've had some uphill struggles recently trying to educate certain people that they don't actually need a 3080 GPU but it seems to be a status thing for them. Put it this way, it took a lot of explaining with one individual to make him realise that as he had a 1080p screen, he'd see very little difference between a 1660 Super and the 3080.
facepalm-head.jpg

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That status reason that you mention is, in my view, spot on. Some people are 'gear freaks', they want the kit so they can boast to their friends that they have it, even though they never actually exploit it. You find this kind of thing in all hobbies/pastimes - having the best is what matters to some, not the use they get out of it. It's pretty sad really that people are that shallow.

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
So looking at monitors that are in my budget and 4k. Would anyone recommend this one? ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q 28IN 4K Ultra HD IPS Gaming Monitor

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
So looking at monitors that are in my budget and 4k. Would anyone recommend this one? ASUS TUF Gaming VG289Q 28IN 4K Ultra HD IPS Gaming Monitor

It has reviewed reasonably well as a good budget 4K 60Hz option. It’s got Freesync which is always useful 👍

Danpulse

Bronze Level Poster
It has reviewed reasonably well as a good budget 4K 60Hz option. It’s got Freesync which is always useful 👍
1 thing I couldn't see on the specs are it's specs at 1440p etc. Cos even tho i would like to play at 4k all the time 1440p is still a good picture quality etc.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Amazon Prime day sale is on 13th and 14th of this month, hang on and see what’s up for grabs then. You might find something with a significant discount 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
1 thing I couldn't see on the specs are it's specs at 1440p etc. Cos even tho i would like to play at 4k all the time 1440p is still a good picture quality etc.
You can’t really do 1440p on a 4k monitor as it doesn’t scale without factorising.