Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Strange Days is a brilliant record, always been a fan of the doors kind of trippy lyrics and style

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another couple through

Al Dimeola, John McLaughlin & Paco De Lucia - Saturday Night In San Francisco

This is the Impex 33 of a live jazz session which follows on from the preceding "Friday Night In San Francisco"

Grum - Unreality Just released off pre order, an Anjuna release

20220907_121254.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is a rather nice one just through from France

Nathan Davis with George Arvanitas Trio - Live In Paris The ORTF Recordings 1966-67

This is by Sam Records who are French and do quite limited numbers but are supposed to be incredible copies. Thought I'd get this to try them out, supposed to be an amazing record.

20220908_113804.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
OMG, so so so excited by this one, it's taken years of hunting to find this exact copy.

This is an original 1989 UK release of the Prince - Batman soundtrack. Now, have to say, this record is not hard to find, and certainly reasonable costing. But I wanted nothing less than in original seal. So I hunted and hunted, and finally found this copy from an Italian seller. I overpaid really, but for still sealed I really don't mind at all.

First thing I did???? Rip off the seal!

Prince - Batman 1989 UK original

20220910_101558.jpg

slimbob

Enthusiast
OMG, so so so excited by this one, it's taken years of hunting to find this exact copy.

This is an original 1989 UK release of the Prince - Batman soundtrack. Now, have to say, this record is not hard to find, and certainly reasonable costing. But I wanted nothing less than in original seal. So I hunted and hunted, and finally found this copy from an Italian seller. I overpaid really, but for still sealed I really don't mind at all.

First thing I did???? Rip off the seal!

Prince - Batman 1989 UK original

View attachment 34657

God how I loved that movie as a kid! Kim Basinger ;), the Batmobile design :cool: and the music :love:, both Prince and Elfman. Such great and happy memories :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
A wonderful one sitting on my doorstep

John Coltrane - Blue Train 2022 Blue Note Tone Poet just released last friday. This is probably one of the all time top 10 jazz albums, and this particular copy is one of the better versions of it. This is the full album in 33rpm, but a second disk of out-takes also. The quality is supposed to be phenomenal. It also has a nice booklet in the center of the cover with session photos and bits of info.

20220920_185139.jpg

20220920_185325.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Another wonderful one just come through.

Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong - Ella And Louis Again 2022 Acoustic Sounds series just released

20220921_131607.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
You’re getting well into your jazz at the moment, aren’t you?

I'm really loving it, I mean it's literally a treasure trove of incredible content from some seriously talented legends. I've only picked up grail albums so far (just happens to coincide with some amazing remasters just hitting the market now) so I really am being utterly spoilt with some incredible music. Even a few years ago, a lot of these albums would have been so expensive to get a clean copy, it wouldn't have been achievable, it's purely down to good timing that so many amazing remasters are hitting the scene.

We're so lucky to be able to grab some true original recordings or analogue remasters. There's not too many years left where that's going to be possible, certainly for the 50's and 60's content.

It is nice. Have to be in the right mood though, sometimes it's just too hectic.

Last edited:

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Have to be in the right mood though, sometimes it's just too hectic.
That’s why I personally love the blues that little bit more, it’s an equally amazing and complex part of the lexicon of American music but it’s a lot more accessible.

To me, jazz can be genuinely challenging to listen to, it’s a proper assault on the senses. I can only last so long before realising that I’ve not only finished drinking my coffee, I’ve also accidentally eaten the mug.