SSD for Primary, HDD for Secondary?

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
Hello,

I've already ordered my laptop but notice that I can still Amend it. I was wondering if its the accepted idea that having an SSD drive as the Primary drive with the OS on it etc is advisable? And then putting games and other data on a 750GB regular HDD?

Anyone have a similar laptop setup?

I imagine i've got til monday to decide as they dont build on Sundays.

-Richy

dc2456

Yea, that's the whole point to have the OS along with all the other programs you commonly use installed on the SSD, as it makes them run much faster. I ordered the 17'' optimus IV last week with the 120gb intel SSD, and a 500GB HDD which I'm just going to use for storing music, films, games etc. : )

steaky360

Definitely put the SSD as the primary drive so the OS can be loaded onto it. Its often advised to put your most used programs onto the SSD too to speed up load times etc. but that is a matter of personal taste really.

You will be able to amend your order as much as you like until it goes into building for free, once in building I believe there is a nominal charge applied to amend an order (cant remember exactly what it is!).

RichyJ91

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks guys, its only gonna cost me an extra £54 to have my 1st as the 128GB SSD, and my 2nd as the 750GB Scorpio Black HDD. Not bad.