SSD/Windows

Ali Bongo

Hi, I've chosen a 500gb and a 1tb Samsung 980 ssd. Will pcs put windows on the 500gb by default or do I need to specify which one I want it on?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah, that wasn't much helps really...best to put a note on your order (not sure how you add a note though)
Frustratingly I don't think you can easily from the order system. It might be a case of contacting them and requesting they put a note on the build with what you'd prefer

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I asked this question myself during my build and the answer was:

"Our standard procedure is to install the system on the "1st M.2 SSD Drive" listed on the order."

So perhaps not the fastest one - but the first one you have listed on your order.

Ali Bongo

Thanks men, I chose 500gb as 1st M.2

Do you know how much space windows takes? And will it be ok to save other stuff on it or should I just leave it for the windows?

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
1613578446537.png

Screenshot for help. And it should be fine to have other stuff on the drive but if you have lots of progams that open on boot of your PC it might start to slow the boot drive down. It's easy to disable this though

(I'd only put programs and files you use all the time on your boot drive, otherwise, I'd suggest putting them on your secondary drive)

RICH74

Bronze Level Poster
Right okay so in a current build my 500 gig formats to 497 gig available. Windows 10 is only installed and I have 413 gig of free space according to My Computer.

Do not have system restore turned on either.

It will no doubt vary for everyone but that’s what mine says.

EDIT: it’s 407 now but that’s because I’ve installed some other bits and bobs on it since.