Star Wars: The Force Awakens (No Spoilers)

Spuff

Expert
Speaking to my mates i seem to be the only one a little let down with it.

There was a groan behind me (there was nobody in front of me) and inside of me when they said they had to ... to get at the .... and it dawned on everybody that was exactly the same as ... again.
You are not the only one.
I didn't get a sense in the crowd on the way out of frothing approval. The Princess Leia I was behind seemed quite deflated.

In 1977 Mark Hamill said, on Blue Peter, of the plot of Star Wars that 'it is just so much nonsense to hang a visual experience off'. I don't think he would have said that on TV if he didn't think that was the thought of the key people behind the film.
In my opinion 1 to 3 were very successful in their aims. Film is a visual medium and for films to present a continuous succession of sumptuous visual imaginings is enough for a film to have achieved.

Last edited:

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
What I didn't get is... The map. In the end it just seemed to a route ending at a particular planet. Not actually anything more specific like where it might be on that planet. Just a planet. It would take one person thousands of years to search an entire planet for someone else if they were hiding. Some people couldn't even navigate to a place if they were given a 1:25000 OS map of a small area. But give Rey a map that just says 'planet x' and she can find someone just like that!!

ItsPhire

Gold Level Poster
What I didn't get is... The map. In the end it just seemed to a route ending at a particular planet. Not actually anything more specific like where it might be on that planet. Just a planet. It would take one person thousands of years to search an entire planet for someone else if they were hiding. Some people couldn't even navigate to a place if they were given a 1:25000 OS map of a small area. But give Rey a map that just says 'planet x' and she can find someone just like that!!

But the planet was filled with water and had very little land so I'm guessing that the character assumed that 'the character' wouldn't be underwater and would therefore be on land which there was very little of so it would be easier to find him/her.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
But the planet was filled with water and had very little land so I'm guessing that the character assumed that 'the character' wouldn't be underwater and would therefore be on land which there was very little of so it would be easier to find him/her.

I guess you never saw where good ol' Jar jar was from ;)

LFFPicard

Godlike
What happened to no spoilers :(
I now know SHE has the force.
A planet has lots of water and little land
SHE was sent to find someone
And this happened at the end...

SlimCini

Was the whole planet water though? That's just guesswork. And IF true (which it's impossible to know) then not a good choice of hiding spot if the only place to hide is the only actual liveable place on the planet!

Just having 'force' also can't surely be enough. Kylo could just detect where Luke was then surely if it was...unless force-nav only works once your within the atmosphere of said planet!

And why does Kylo want to find Luke anyway????????????? If Luke's holed away being an emo angsty cowardly man-child then it's not like he's causing the first order any probs anyway. Go looking for him and you're just going to poke a sleeping baby with a hot stick!! Just let him hide away! No no, I'm going to search for one of the only people in the universe who (a) has not given a stuff about stopping my mass genocide for the last decade and (b) has more force strength than me and will be more than likely able to defeat me. Kylos actions have already led to another strong light force user discovering themselves. His plan is stoooooopid!

Or maybe Luke IS snoke?

Last edited:

Spuff

Expert
And why does Kylo want to find Luke anyway?????????????

Find him before the Rebels do I suppose.
I don't think Snoke is Luke, but Snoke may technically be Luke's grandfather.
Could Snoke be an evil one of Yoda's race, and that would explain his size complex?

SlimCini

Well yeah I suppose, but is anyone who hasn't seen it yet going to be clicking on or reading this thread??

Rakk

The Awesome
Well yeah I suppose, but is anyone who hasn't seen it yet going to be clicking on or reading this thread??

Though please try and keep spoilers out (as requested in the thread title), some of us still haven't seen it and remember the first few lines of every post are visible in the 'Whats new' page, so try and stay off the spoilers please. I've already seen stuff I didn't know from seeing the first line of a few posts.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster

I saw it last night, but the whole point of this thread originally was for people to wallow in having to wait to see it, not discuss plot points once you have seen it!

And little things do matter to people. I did seem to navigate the past week without finding anything out, so that was nice :)

Now stop posting things people, even with the subtle omission of words, we can all work stuff out, we're all nerds here!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Saw it today, enjoyed it immensely, lived up to my expectations (which were high!). Really thought Disney would drop the ball on the franchise but I am happy to be very wide of the mark :)