Start up 30secs

MegWal

Hi so new pc build and just wondered if I am missing something as to why it us still over 30secs to start up. My partners pc which is older is still under 20 secs.we both have ssds

Here is my build

Thank you.
Case
CORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-11600K (3.9 GHz) 12 MB Cache
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z590-E GAMING WIFI (LGA1200, USB 3.2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
Nvidia 1070 ti cerberus
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 240 Series RGB High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
2x 50cm ARGB LED Strip
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - in

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Nothing obvious is sticking out for me. I would have suggested getting advice before purchasing though as it's certainly not an optimal build, moot point now though I guess.

The best thing to do is check the boot order in the BIOS. Just make sure that it's the primary install drive selected and not the NIC or anything like that.

MegWal

Nothing obvious is sticking out for me. I would have suggested getting advice before purchasing though as it's certainly not an optimal build, moot point now though I guess.

The best thing to do is check the boot order in the BIOS. Just make sure that it's the primary install drive selected and not the NIC or anything like that.
Thank you. Will check that. Build was based on cost more than anything. Next time I will check as didn't think to. Thank you though for the feedback

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
In measuring 30 secs, what is the start and end points? Is start of timer when you press the power button and end is when you get to the login screen?

If you launch task manager, and go to the startup tab, what is listed as your bios time?
1650389851521.png

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Last time I checked there yes it read 30 seconds.
Ok, the time shown is the time it takes bios to complete hardware initialisation before windows boots. If your time is 30 secs, that’s way too slow. So enter the bios by restarting PC and pressing del key. Once in, look under boot menu and enable fast boot. See if that reduces boot time much

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What's a 'good' time for this?

Mine ranges from 10-20 seconds, with no changes to the bios between times I've actually looked (e.g. today mine says 13.3s).

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Mine is 12 seconds on my el-cheapo Work Laptop so definitely suggests that the primary boot is extended. Most likely LAN IME.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Mine is 12 seconds on my el-cheapo Work Laptop so definitely suggests that the primary boot is extended. Most likely LAN IME.
My work laptop (HP Z-Book) is 18.4 seconds...and that's 6 years old. Surprised that my nearly new PCS PC is about the same...so that's why I was wondering whether there was a range that is neither good or bad...just 'normal' :)

Suppose I could just reduce the ROG logo display from 3 seconds to 0 seconds!

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My dell work laptop (3 years old, 8GB Ram, i5-8265U CPU, due to be replaced next week 🤞 ) is 6.4 secs. So if OP is seeing 30secs for BIOS load time, something ain't right. As he would have his windows boot time in addition to that don't forget.