Starting to get annoyed with homeplugs!

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
So this is the third time my homeplugs have messed up, one minute all is fine then all of a sudden the internet goes down!
It allways seems to be the 'powerline LED' that doesnt work, it just doesnt light up. Either that or the LED it solid (so not sending or receiving data!

Any ideas how to fix this? Really getting on my nerves

EDIT

Now they are working again?! oh i hate technology sometimes!

Last edited:

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
sorry for the late reply tom!
they are the homeplugs from PCS, it seems as though they lose their pairing so i have to re-pair them every now and again :S

brukin

Silver Level Poster
Had some Comtrend ones that died, 2 that came with BT Vision box, 2 additional ones I bought. 1 of the 4 still seems to function but nothing to pair it with. Worked well until they died. Have moved into a new house and invested in some Devolo ones. 2 x 200mbs AVmini plugs (~£44) and 1 which has 3 ethernet connections and a wireless N access point(~£65). So far I've been very impressed with them and very well implemented system. Plug and play. No messing around with pairing etc. Longevity, we'll have to wait and see but read good things about Devolo.

TomBcfc

Bronze Level Poster
So this is the third time my homeplugs have messed up, one minute all is fine then all of a sudden the internet goes down!
It allways seems to be the 'powerline LED' that doesnt work, it just doesnt light up. Either that or the LED it solid (so not sending or receiving data!

Any ideas how to fix this? Really getting on my nerves

EDIT

Now they are working again?! oh i hate technology sometimes!

How far away from your router are you? Ive never had a single problem with just using my router tbh. Although im only a few metres away.

Pauly

Bronze Level Poster
I've had the same problem with mine, has happened a few times now in the 18Months I've had them luckily they have been behaving for the last 2 Months. Oh they are Comtrend

ellspeedy

Enthusiast
The router is a bit shoddy to be honest, its a belkin 54g and we are with talk talk.
Whenever my brother vists the router drops internet fairly regularly, but only when he vists!
May be time to invest in a new router!

tom_gr7

Life Serving
The router is a bit shoddy to be honest, its a belkin 54g and we are with talk talk.
Whenever my brother vists the router drops internet fairly regularly, but only when he vists!

that and check wht ya brother is doing lol

Rakk

The Awesome

I used to have a Belkin router, it worked perfectly fine when all that was connecting was my wired PC, but once I got a new smartphone and set it to connect to my router wirelessly, every so often (once a week, maybe more often) my router would just throw a complete wobbly and require a power off before it would behave again, as far as I could tell it didn't like being connected to wirelessly multiple times a day (which was kinda what it was supposed to be doing given it was a wired and wireless router).

So yes it could be something similar I guess, though I'd try and test it out before buying a new one if possible.

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
Another thing to check is what are your homeplugs plugged into? You should make sure they are plugged straight into the mains, plugging them into surge protectors causes all sorts of really big problems! Also, plugging them into overload power dividers can cause problems but it is more unlikely. And yes, I have an incredibly dodgy router, Apple products seem to play havoc with routers too! As soon as my brother goes on his iPod, my internet went all over the place! That was with windows though, I've never had a problem with linux??!! I don't know what it is though! If your plugs are plugged in correctly, and you are certain it isn't your brother, then ring PCS, they should replace faulty homeplugs :)!