Steam deck

polycrac

Rising Star
What sort of games are you playing on it? Do you find the majority just work or do you spend ages messing about with them to get them just right?
Skyrim, Valheim, Dark Souls & Black Mesa are main main go to games so far. Most worked perfectly out of the box, except perhaps Valheim, which I tweaked to better use the menu system and Black Mesa which needed a few keys changing. Skyrim used a fan-made profile, which is really nice: when you open a game you can pick the default buttons (which usually work but may not be optimal), design your own set up (which works well with games you know well) or select from a list of user made controller profiles (some folk are obsessed with gyro based aiming - I'm still finding my feet with that).

There was a recent proton update that messed with one of my games' settings but it was a quick fix.

D

Deleted member 41971

Skyrim, Valheim, Dark Souls & Black Mesa are main main go to games so far. Most worked perfectly out of the box, except perhaps Valheim, which I tweaked to better use the menu system and Black Mesa which needed a few keys changing. Skyrim used a fan-made profile, which is really nice: when you open a game you can pick the default buttons (which usually work but may not be optimal), design your own set up (which works well with games you know well) or select from a list of user made controller profiles (some folk are obsessed with gyro based aiming - I'm still finding my feet with that).

There was a recent proton update that messed with one of my games' settings but it was a quick fix.

the steam deck looks a good console to buy really, love to see how that evolves over the next few yrs.