Steam Library on Linux

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Found a cool little tool for anyone thinking about moving to Linux, which gives you a quick way of viewing all of your games compatible with Linux, just enter your steam name in the top right:

http://steam.bravehost.com/

I've got 105 games which is only a quarter of my total library, but half of my library with over 5 hours played.

Wine also have a nice database for game compatibility: https://appdb.winehq.org/index.php

Many older games work great through Wine!

I'm interested in moving to Linux myself as W10 in my eyes is going down hill but can't see myself moving to it fully for a while so in a few months when I finally upgrade my main PC, my current PC will go under the TV and have Linux installed. There's plenty of split screen games and more casual controller games available which is great.

Want to see what everyone else's results are and whether they are thinking of moving over in the future.

One that really has shocked me is Saints Row 2! Considering how awful the port for that game was, and still is without Gentlemen of the Row mod.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'm not, mainly as I'm too stupid. It took me an hour to install Beebeep (a nice little LAN messenger) on Ubuntu - I followed guides step by step, it didn't quite work, and I had no idea what kinds of things I'd need to do to fix it, as I might if X thing in Windows didn't install properly.

But I do use Linux on a small, basic PC so games run on another Windows gaming PC can be streamed to a different room via in-home streaming. This works absolutely fine.

That tool doesn't seem to work in internet explorer :/ But using a chrome based browser I get the following:
linux library.png

Civ 5 is in there, as is Borderlands and Attila and Warhammer Total War. Plus Tomb Raider 2013, Shadow of Mordor, and Deus Ex MD (ugh). But Skyrim and Fallout 4 aren't, which for me would be a deal-breaker, since running and modding those is essential. I also don't know how much of a performance hit I'd take in Linux, though with this tool I at least know at a glance which ones to bench or look for benches for.

Interesting topic :)

Last edited: