Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Steam Summer Sale for PC Games to Run from June 11 to June 22

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

original.gif

original.gif

STEAM REFUNDS INFORMATION: Almost everyone is free to request a refund via Steam's help page, but there are a few conditions. Refunds apply to games, software, pre-orders, DLC, and bundles, but not movies. If you have a VAC ban registered for the game you're trying to refund, your request will be denied for that specific game.

To apply for a refund, you must submit the request within two weeks of your purchase, and have less than two hours of playtime registered for that game.

In the case of bundles, the combined playtime for all games included must still be under two hours, and all of the games must be in your library. If you gift a game, you're no longer eligible for a refund.

Refunds can only be given for games bought on the Steam client. That means Valve can't refund either Steam Wallet funds or Steam keys if they're purchased through third-party sites.

IF YOU CAN'T WAIT, HERE ARE SOME OTHER PC GAME SALES

http://www.gog.com/ ----- GOG's DRM FREE SUMMER SALE
http://www.gamersgate.com/ ------ GAMERSGATE's SUMMER SALE - ends on Thursday 11th
http://www.kinguin.net/ ------- Because kinguin is awesome

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
How many refund applications are steam going to be receiving on 6th July I wonder?!

The system seems a little open to abuse if you ask me... isn't it essentially just a free demo of the first two hours of every game they offer?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
How many refund applications are steam going to be receiving on 6th July I wonder?!

The system seems a little open to abuse if you ask me... isn't it essentially just a free demo of the first two hours of every game they offer?

They did state that those who abuse the system will have their privileges revoked.

Plus this change will be good for the devs that actually have good games. People will now be more comfortable with taking a risk on a game they aren't sure on with few reviews to base their opinion on. If it's a good game, a user can now buy it without fear of it being bad, and then they'll keep it. Meaning more sales to the devs with good games. And a user can also take a risk and it be a bad game. So anyone that thinks a game might look cool in a trailer or its pictures can buy it and when the game sucks it gets refunded.

I think this is the best move that Steam could have made. When the devs throwing Unity templates onto Steam stop earning money, they will either update the game to be better or they will remove it from Steam. This will stop big game developers also releasing buggy games, because people will be able to just refund the broken game at the high price and then wait for the sale where it will be fixed and cost less. And the devs will of course want users to buy at the higher price and so would Valve.

So, yes it is a demo but demo's are great. It means users can decide, without risking their money as to whether they think a game will be worth buying.

There is literally no bad side to the whole refund thing.

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
There is a bad side.... I'll buy more games on the assumption that I'll return a few of them, but then forget to return them in the deadline and end up broke!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
It is quite an interesting point. At what time is there Steam saturation, where it is just the same deals everytime, with a few new games with a slight reduction each sale. Does feel like it is getting that way, as anything that I would consider playable already has a massive "In Library" across the front :D

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
There's been a lot of decent looking games released in the last year that have a decent discount. I bought Depth, I remember watching a review and it looked like great fun.

I still have a wishlist of nearly 50 games. Although most won't be bought in this sale because they are still far too expensive.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
I'm definitely going to buy a couple of games, just waiting for them to be daily deals or whatever, but so far I've seen around two games that I considered buying, but decided not to as I knew they'd just sit there collecting virtual dust, which were metro last light redux (just because it gives me and excuse to play it again) and valiant hearts (but probably wouldn't finish it so didn't bother getting it).

Don't get me wrong, there are great games on sale, like XCOM, Starbound, Wolfenstein etc, but I've already got them all! I guess part of the reason I haven't bought anything yet is that I've got a bit of self control this year!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Most people say that the Metro Last Light Redux is a pointless upgrade and not worth buying it if you already own the original. The 2033 Redux is actually quite a worthy update, it contained a lot of fixes and improvements outside of the graphics bump.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Most people say that the Metro Last Light Redux is a pointless upgrade and not worth buying it if you already own the original. The 2033 Redux is actually quite a worthy update, it contained a lot of fixes and improvements outside of the graphics bump.

Yeah, I got the 2033 redux which was really good, was tempted to get the last light one but as you and many others have said it's not worth it if you have the original.

I'm just waiting for Payday 2 DLC to go on sale, along witha Project Cars, Subnautica and H1Z1, since they all look like decent games :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Yeah, I got the 2033 redux which was really good, was tempted to get the last light one but as you and many others have said it's not worth it if you have the original.

I'm just waiting for Payday 2 DLC to go on sale, along witha Project Cars, Subnautica and H1Z1, since they all look like decent games :)

Subnautica is awesome, I've been following it on YouTube, such a cool game. Definitely want to get it.

Project Cars is ok, but was overhyped.

GeorgeHillier

Prolific Poster
Subnautica is awesome, I've been following it on YouTube, such a cool game. Definitely want to get it.

Project Cars is ok, but was overhyped.

Yeah, I was going to get subnautica when it was first available, but I waited so it gets some more content, which it now has! Definitely going to get it if it goes on sale in the daily deals.

As for project cars I just want to get it because it seems good enough and I'm looking for a new racing game to play :p

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I was really hoping that Lego Worlds was discounted, even by just 10-20%. But even though Lego games are on special today, it hasn't been discounted at all :(