Steam Trading Cards

ThomasM

As the title says, its about the new trading cards and other things, just making this thread to let you lovely gamers know that if you arent interested in hoarding the cards i'd happily take them off of your hands. Same goes for backgrounds and emoticons etc :D

rickne

Master Poster
Could make this the official trading cards trading thread :D

I need to complete my Grid 2 set. Ill link up my needs soon. Oooh its like being back at school.

rickne

Master Poster
Cards seem to be game specific and badges awards for Steam in general I.e badges for game collection milestones and taking part in summer or winter sales. I got a badge for taking part in the trading card beta.

rickne

Master Poster
You notice you get a steam level in your profile now? You gain XP from completing card sets. Like the XP gained from gaining badges. It means nothing other than a bit of fun.

OneZeoN

Enthusiast
I just played Half life 2 for the 1st time in years and got 4 badges....noticed a "sell" button and it shows how much cards sell for recently

Made £1.20 on the 4 cards added to my account...not much but still cool
Dont get how it all works tbh but ill sell whatever i get lol

lee50_10

Bronze Level Poster
I just played Half life 2 for the 1st time in years and got 4 badges....noticed a "sell" button and it shows how much cards sell for recently

Made £1.20 on the 4 cards added to my account...not much but still cool
Dont get how it all works tbh but ill sell whatever i get lol

Yeah i'm thinking the same to sell wgatever i get i'm not too fussed may try to get the in game achievements though.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
I suppose I should play some more Grid 2 but I'm hooked on BF3 and Crysis 3 right now.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Actually played both Borderlands 2 and Magicka for the first time in lots and lots of months today :)

so it does sort of work (for now) as a way to get you to play games you own :D

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I still dont see the point in these... Steam has basically created virtual cards... that dont actually cost anything to make/design. gamers get them for doing nothing and then people spend REAL money on buying them...then the seller gets a few pence that at some point goes back into steam... what a great money making idea....

ThomasM

Just so you know, you don't actually have to 'play' the game. You can just have it open on steam so the your friend tag says you are playing the game and you get the cards. Only takes a few hours of having the game open to have get all cards for each game. Also when you have a game open on steam you can minimise it and open your game of choice :)

lee50_10

Bronze Level Poster
Just so you know, you don't actually have to 'play' the game. You can just have it open on steam so the your friend tag says you are playing the game and you get the cards. Only takes a few hours of having the game open to have get all cards for each game. Also when you have a game open on steam you can minimise it and open your game of choice :)

Will try this:) thanks, can you also earn them again once you have sold them?

Last edited:

ThomasM

Will try this:) thanks, can you also earn them again once you have sold them?

Afraid you can't re-earn them. You earn half the total amount of available cards and then trade for the other half. You also earn booster packs for games which contain 3 cards or something. I think that 1 booster pack is released every time someone completes a set if cards. The pack is then randomly given to someone that has logged in in the last couple of weeks (not sure if you need to play the games or...)