Steam Updates

liamnic2

Super Star
hey guys

One of my friends got his copy of shogun 2 and was wandering how to you download the dx11 steam patch ?

He has the CD/DVD version of the game so Im not sure how he updates it. He went and added it to steam as a "non steam game" but he's stuck from there.

He should be able to play with dx11 if he has a 570.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I am actually not sure how Steam treats non Steam games. The few I have never update from Steam and do so via the launcher for that game, or from the website attached to it.

Might be worth looking at the Shogun site for info?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Is that the Steamworks thing? Or does that work for any game? (Tries to remember the last non-Steam game bought...ummm)

liamnic2

Super Star
Ok cool

I looked at it on google. You can link the game to steam for free? and get updates? But I think it takes hours to load which I think does suck because it really only takes 10mins or summit to intall from the disk. The only prob is my friend really wants dx11 patch but its only on steam

Gishank

Bright Spark
Total War: Shogun 2 is a Steamworks game, it is impossible to install or use it without activating it on a Steam account thus I am unsure as to the legitimacy of your 'friend'. It is also not possible to download the patches externally from Steam, as there is no need for it.