Steam

YAMAHA

Gold Level Poster
Hi all, is it just me or is Steam really slow today, just trying to buy a game and it timed out twice, anyone else having probs?

YAMAHA

Gold Level Poster
Thats what I was trying to buy (spooky) with the farcry offshoot double thingy.......lol

I`ll give it another go tommorrow............unless you post back that its rubbish........then I wont bother....lol

steaky360

Depends what steam codes you are referring to. If you buy a game from a third party seller (GMG/Amazon/etc.) they will supply you with a code you need to input into Steam.

Sometimes when you start a game steam will say this game needs you to input certain codes in order for it to work properly, you will need to input those codes in the game to unlock certain features.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Depends what steam codes you are referring to. If you buy a game from a third party seller (GMG/Amazon/etc.) they will supply you with a code you need to input into Steam.

Sometimes when you start a game steam will say this game needs you to input certain codes in order for it to work properly, you will need to input those codes in the game to unlock certain features.

I bought Tomb Raider new from GAME, and there's a code in it

Edit: Just curious, but what happens if you don't have the internet?

steaky360

I bought Tomb Raider new from GAME, and there's a code in it

Edit: Just curious, but what happens if you don't have the internet?

Most likely you won't be able to activate the game (If you check the box its likely to say 'Steamworks' if you NEED to install it with Steam).