Stock

Tez77

Enthusiast
hi any news Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
was told be in stock on Tuesday then Thursday and Friday not phoned today so dont no if u got stock in today

misterdave

Enthusiast
Hi,

They haven't arrived today, I know that much as I'm waiting on one for an RMA. Looks like it might be Monday at the earliest now.

Not the news you want to hear but we can't get them any quicker.

Tez77

Enthusiast
Thanks for info bud yes i am dieing to get hold of my pc but more inportant to me is the time i need to get of work , work 6 days a week split shift never no what day of ill get till last min so really just trying to work around when i wood get it i did leave on my account my addy but also if i was not in to leave at shop over the street name of person and shop on detail do u think dhl will do this had a prob with something from a different company before

Maestro

Hello,

I can confirm that the stock has shipped from the hub in holland and will land with us on tuesday. All orders that have been waiting for this part will then be completed as a matter of urgency. We are not getting enough stock to cover all orders, but we are getting enough to cover all orders that are delayed. Stock is freeing up so there shouldnt be any further delays on this item going forward. Although as is always the case in it, never say never.

Tez77

Enthusiast
ok thanks Maestro what am trying to do is work a guess when i need to be looking to book time of work i made order on 15 th feb am in Pre-Production and it says roduction Notes:
ORDER PREPARED FOR PRODUCTION, CURRENTLY AWAITING Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache
do u think it be more like the following week i need to book a day of or towards back end of next week

Tez77

Enthusiast
Has stock arrived today Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-960 (3.20GHz) 4.8GTs/8MB Cache

misterdave

Enthusiast
Indeed they have, it may take a day or so for orders with the i7-960 to start moving through production but you will see when it does.

shades

Silver Level Poster
This seems as good a place as any to have a semi rant. Please do not take this the wrong way as I have generally been impressed with the communication from PCS.

However....

Today I received an email informing me that my build is being delayed, as the case I have ordered will not be in stock until between tomorrow and the 8th of March.

This is the same case (CM 690 II) that I was informed by a member of staff on the telephone last Friday was in stock. The case that I swapped to from the Sileo (due it being out of stock) because I was informed that my order could be put straight in for buldl that day and would be with me by the end of this week.

I have since realised, confirmed by posts of PCS staff on here, that the call centre staff can be a little overly optimistic at times. I understand they are only trying to be helpful but it is disappointing having been given one assurance by a member of PCS staff to then receive an email contradicting the information given.

I would suggest that either PCS train their telephone operators to be more conservative in their estimates or that a system is put in place which ensures better communication between them and those who are building the machines.

As I said at the start of this post, please don't take this as a major criticism of your company. I have on the whole been very impressed by the level of communication and in particular it is refreshing to see that this forum is frequented by PCS staff who are dedicated and keen to offer a high level of support to the customer both before and after sale. It is just a little frustrating when one is misinformed.

Rant over. Still eagerly awaiting my PC which I have every faith will be excellent once received.

Last edited:

misterdave

Enthusiast
Shades,

Our system is automated and we tend to quote ETA from the system, any delay with this is usually down to the supplier, courier or customs so in most cases we are unable to do anything about it. If there is any miss-communication here I do apologise for that.

The case is here but there might be something I'm missing when checking the system, I will have a look and get back to you by PM or email.

shades

Silver Level Poster
UPDATE:

Received an email shortly after misterdave's post on here explaining the current situation and clearing up the confusion there has been over my order. Hoping to get things moving shortly but awaiting delivery of CPU (could be tomorrow).

Once again I can have nothing but praise for PCS' continued efforts to communicate and keep the customer in the picture.

Tez77

Enthusiast
Hi i phoned up yesterday to see if my pc can be derlivered to the shop over the road if i was not in this is a no has to go to house fine np if i was at work can some one else sign for it or does it have to be me many thanks

Tez77

Enthusiast
unless they built and put missing part in afterwards but i think they wait till they have it all when did u order yours shades

shades

Silver Level Poster
unless they built and put missing part in afterwards but i think they wait till they have it all when did u order yours shades

14/02. So if it gets done within the next week or so it'll still be within their 30 day promise. I'm frustrated because I so want my new machine. BUT, I know PCS are doing everything they can under a great deal of pressure to turn orders around quickly.

Tez77

Enthusiast
same date as me shades soon as in build i think its fast from there unless a prob they do work hard must be a great job too playing with computers and getting paid for it wonder if any one gets to test graphics cards out play cod for the day lol