Strange Issue with Call of Duty

I have recently bought a Recoil Series: 17.3" laptop specs at end of thread. The issue I am having is when I have a USB keyboard and mouse and/or USB headset plugged in whilst playing Call of Duty Black Ops when I aim down sites and fire on 50% of the occasions I either go prone or throw out a proximity mine... doesnt seem to do it when I use the laptop on its own

I have unassigned the buttons for going prone to see if that makes a difference but it still does it. I have done extensive google searches to see if others may have the problem but cannot find it. So I am a little baffled. A couple of small videos so you can see the problem (excuse the bad play not easy when you are focusing on recreating the issue)

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Specs are below
Chassis & Display
Recoil Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD 300Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080) + G-Sync
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 Eight-Core Processor i9-11900K (3.5GHz) 16MB Cache
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 32GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3080 - 16.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1.6TB ENMOTUS FUZEDRIVE M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3470MB/R, 3000MB/W, 128GB SLC for endurance)
Memory Card Reader
Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)
AC Adaptor
2 x 280W AC Adaptor
Power Cable
2 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Battery
Recoil Series Detachable 8 Cell Lithium Ion Battery (97WH)
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Atlas & Super X-Fi
Wireless Network Card
GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
2 x THUNDERBOLT 4 + 1 x USB 3.2 (TYPE C) + 3 x USB 3.2
Keyboard Language
PER-KEY RGB BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating System
Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [MUP-00003]

Bhuna50

Author Level
Not a clue what’s wrong but some thoughts to look at:

Whilst you have checked key mappings for this, is there anything in mouse mapping for those items. Ie pressing button 1+2 = throw grenade.

Is it Logitech mouse or something similar that has its own software installed too and you can map things within its own software for games?

Have you tried mouse on it’s own, no headset, different mouse etc to narrow down what peripheral is causing issue ie mouse or the headset.

Does it do anything weird in any other game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Bhuna50,

Thanks for the response

I have checked the key bindings in game, they are default except for the bindings I removed to test it!

It is a Corsair Scimitar mouse with icue software but I have checked the software to see if their are any overriding key binds, and there isn't!! I don't have another mouse to test it out yet but I'm going to try and borrow one from a friend to test it.

I have tried it with mouse on its own without keyboard and headset and it still does it but to a decreased frequency...

The only other game I play frequently is World of Warcraft and it doesn't do anything strange in that!!

All in all very strange but quite annoying especially when you have a gun with an actual scope!!

The other strange thing is the laptop does not boot up if I have the mouse plugged in!!

Bhuna50

Author Level
Have you tried uninstalling mouse and :

i) let windows install its drivers to run it

II) checking manufacturers website for drivers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right I have uninstalled the Icue software and played with just the mouse in, and in 2 rounds it did it twice!! I plugged in the headset and it did it slightly more... So I am still baffled as I thought if it was some clash with the icue software uninstalling would have completely removed it!!

I also removed the mouse driver and reinstalled

TomBerry

Bright Spark
If this is happening just on Call of Duty then it sounds like it may be a keybind/group of keybinds messed up on the game itself instead of it being an issue with your mouse and keyboard. Could you try changing your crouch and prone button on Call of Duty to a different key and see if it still does it?

I have already done that and completely unassigned the keys so I physically can't use prone or prox mine, all other keys are default as I reset them all to default then unassigned said keys

(sure I said this already)

TomBerry

Bright Spark
That's really strange then...not sure what would be causing it. Just to make sure, you've edited your mouse keybinds too and not just the keyboard?

Yeah completely reset all keybind and mouse bindings.. Also before uninstalling iCue, I made sure there were no conflicting bindings on the buttons there!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
No idea if may be related but the m4 button cycles through different profiles even if they’re defaults so it may not be on the primary profile?

see Tyraxels comment in this thread:

Apart from the left and right click the M5 button is the only other one I used was to change the DPI... I have uninstalled the Icue software now but I'll still try resetting the mouse like that worth a try