Streaming Desktop Build (Not For Gaming/More for talk show or Video Podcast)

jonpar777

Okay, so I've got a laptop that I have used for four years now and is actually still able to keep up with most requirements. But I've started streaming quiet regularly and now want a desktop at my desk so I don't need to plug in ethernet cables and usb's every time I stream. I want a system there, and ready every time I need to stream.

Literally that is all I will be using it for as I do all my other tasks on my laptop. Editing, playing games and everything else is on the laptop. My budget is around £500 to £1000 if it's really going to be better for streaming . Also I should add I don't actually stream any video game. I stream my own face cam, websites behind the face cam, and then also other people's face cam's via skype and an NDI plug in on obs. A plus would be to record copies of my stream at a higher quality than I'm streaming on a seperate dedicated hardrive.

Any help is much appreciated, the most important thing though is the smoothest and highest quality streaming experience possible. Internet Upload speed if anyone is wondering is around 9mbps (believe that's the right letters) but I'm considering upgrading.

Much Thanks

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
d now want a desktop at my desk so I don't need to plug in ethernet cables and usb's every time I stream
Would a docking station be an option?

If your laptop's hardware is essentially fine in terms of performance.

What spec is your laptop btw?