Street Fighter 6

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Reviews are starting to appear and it is looking GOOD!

Capture.JPG

It's nice to see a big name game not go down the review embargo route, as having an embargo always suggests there are issues with the game. I guess that's my Friday sorted!

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
Reviews are starting to appear and it is looking GOOD!

View attachment 37173

It's nice to see a big name game not go down the review embargo route, as having an embargo always suggests there are issues with the game. I guess that's my Friday sorted!

wait what, theres a new street fighter game?

just going to crawl back from where I obviously have been

Ryan Gosling Crawl GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
wait what, theres a new street fighter game?

just going to crawl back from where I obviously have been

Ryan Gosling Crawl GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY
There sure is. There's a demo on Steam which I played a fair bit of to see how it feels - I enjoyed it, so decided to pre-order. The reviews are looking pretty good, so I've made the right choice I think. My reflexes aren't what they used to be, but Capcom have introduced simpliefied combos which I'm liking the look of.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can't wait to get my teeth into this as an avid SF player, but I allowed myself to buy one game this year and it's Diablo 4. Have an offer in for a house so all my pennies going to that at the minute. I'll defs be picking this up though
Mate, sincere best of luck with the house, really hope it gets accepted 🤞

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
There sure is. There's a demo on Steam which I played a fair bit of to see how it feels - I enjoyed it, so decided to pre-order. The reviews are looking pretty good, so I've made the right choice I think. My reflexes aren't what they used to be, but Capcom have introduced simpliefied combos which I'm liking the look of.

this is my skill level

Street Fighter Animated GIF

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
A lot to be said for that though when it comes to SF. It's one of those games that really benefits from staying calm, if you start to get tilted you will perform much much worse. As a lowly Gold Tier level scrub best advice I can give is that if you start to get frustrated like at all just stop playing, walk away, get something to eat or do something else for a while. Being calm has massive benefits especially when it comes to reading opponents

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Have an offer in for a house so all my pennies going to that at the minute.
Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly mate!

this is my skill level

Street Fighter Animated GIF
In old school Street Fighter games, that's about my level too. I'm a button masher at heart and the combos in the older SF games were just not forgiving if you didn't know what you were doing. I was always (marginally) better at Mortal Kombat as button mashing tended to be a bit more effective in MK.

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
So, the argument is: If I choose to buy SF6, then I must also buy alcohol? I wasn't going to buy it as it's not my sort of game but, well, my arm could be very slightly twisted here ;) And, when I say twisted, I of course mean an approximate 1mm movement

i dont know, buy a pack of carlsberg and see how you feel,

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Had a go with the demo tonight. 15GB download for a demo?? Really?? Ooft.

It had some really fun elements but some of it was very clunky for me (I only played the tour part). The dialogue and cut scenes were OK but when they went into gameplay chat it was incredibly clunky. It was like playing the Sims the way they would mumble a word and then a sentence of dialogue would appear on the screen. Clicking through it was a bit laboured, I hope they smooth that out, or at least drop it to the bare minimum once the game gets going properly.

I liked the fighting and the premise of just running around challenging strangers. Online that will be seriously fun!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Had a go with the demo tonight. 15GB download for a demo?? Really?? Ooft.

It had some really fun elements but some of it was very clunky for me (I only played the tour part). The dialogue and cut scenes were OK but when they went into gameplay chat it was incredibly clunky. It was like playing the Sims the way they would mumble a word and then a sentence of dialogue would appear on the screen. Clicking through it was a bit laboured, I hope they smooth that out, or at least drop it to the bare minimum once the game gets going properly.

I liked the fighting and the premise of just running around challenging strangers. Online that will be seriously fun!
I mean it's a fighting game, the world tour is basically an add on mini game with a bit of budget behind it. I get it though most people aren't as interesting in the 1v1 playing against other opponents online or it isn't their main focus as seen by any fighting game ever the population massively drops off after the first week when people can't get into the online aspect but it is still the main aspect of the game

As for the size, all fighting games are pretty much massive but they kind of have to be due to frame data and how the characters actually work. It's the constantly adjusting hit boxes and frame data that has to be present for every single frame at 60FPS for every character who all have different hit boxes, it would be difficult to avoid the file sizes when everything has to be so accurate for the game to function properly

Looking forward to getting my teeth into it but it'll be Diablo first and I'll be all over that this weekend

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I remember almost getting 0-100 when trying to learn SF4. Think I broke the streak at like 93 or 94. Gotta learn somewhere and the there is no frying pan to fall out of it's all fire