Stuttering happening

FerrariVie

Super Star
Excellent news - the stutter appears to have totally vanished thus far. I'm yet to download any of the other PCS drivers except for the three audio ones (one zip and 2 .rar files). Should I be installing all of the drivers on there?

I have noticed that currently my CPU seems a bit happier without Clevo Control Center installed (sits at 1% idle rather than 8%), so I may leave that out unless there's something in there I drastically need, but I am wondering what some of the drivers do. The synaptic one appears to be an older driver that windows overwrites during an update.

But that's the great news: so far no typing lag, no mouse/touchpad lag, no stuttering in games it 100% stuttered in, no lag/stutter when scrolling through reddit.

I do still have the audio popping issue despite installing the PCS drivers but it's remarkably less worrying than the stutter problem.

Thank you for all of your help, especially Ferrari. Sometimes when dealing with this stuff (esp during lockdown) it's great to know you aren't alone & can be nudged in the right direction. Hopefully that is the main issue solved now!!
Great to know you're getting it sorted out!

Regarding drivers, I would just install from PCS whatever windows couldn't or the ones you're having issues with. GPU drivers definitely need to be from Nvidia's website, either the latest version or an older one.

While Control Center will increase CPU usage by about 1%, it needs to be installed unfortunately, or else you'll lose control over keyboard lighting and some of its shortcuts, fan behaviour and CPU power profiles. Everything will be on auto, so not ideal. 8% CPU usage on idle was definitely not normal and maybe you had some kind of software or driver issue causing the stuttering.

Sorc

Is there anything else I really should make sure I get from the PCS download section? Apart from processor, GPU and Realtek drivers, I'm not sure what else I should be getting. I'm not sure how to check my chipset, or what some of the files are (RAID, VGA, etc drivers).

Even more gaming was had tonight with 0 stuttering so that's excellent!

FerrariVie

Super Star
Is there anything else I really should make sure I get from the PCS download section? Apart from processor, GPU and Realtek drivers, I'm not sure what else I should be getting. I'm not sure how to check my chipset, or what some of the files are (RAID, VGA, etc drivers).

Even more gaming was had tonight with 0 stuttering so that's excellent!
Well said... forgot about chipset, but that should be downloaded from the chip manufacturer (intel). You can also check on windows device manager if you have any yellow warning signs (missing drivers)