Sudden total wireless drop

TheGaelicBrit

Okay for almost a month now my new laptop (Optimus VII Pro, with the Killer Wireless adapter) Has been working fine..

Then, at the drop of a hat, it loses wireless connection to my wifi... And has not come back. I have looked through other forums for an answer, I've searched for Malware with Malwarebytes, I've even made sure my firewall isn't on.

But, plain and simply, the laptop refuses to connect again. It does a little loading thing, then it's almost as if my wifi drops from it's list of available networks and stops connecting. I just.. I dont know what to do! My laptop is now stuck on the front room table, having to use an ethernet cable, just to do anything, even writing this here and now.

Any help, any at all, would be a god-send.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Maybe a silly question but it helps narrow down where the problem lies, have you tried connecting with another device? If they also have no signal then it may be an issue with the router.

TheGaelicBrit

Maybe a silly question but it helps narrow down where the problem lies, have you tried connecting with another device? If they also have no signal then it may be an issue with the router.

Well when the laptop went down, both myself and my parents iPhone's were connected. They still are. And my rubbish old laptop still did. Its just the Optimus.

Last edited by a moderator:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I experience something similar before. Using the Ethernet laptop I uninstall any driver and reinstall drivers from the manufacturer website.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It might also be worth calling PCS. Wireless cards are pretty cheap and easy to mail and replace. They might just send you a replacement card to test.

TheGaelicBrit

Ok, what icon do you see in the bottom right corner for the internet?

When nothing is connected. The wireless signal (The dot with three curved lines) and a little asterisk mark. As it's connecting, it swaps to a picture of a pc screen and cable, the same image if the ethernet cable is plugged in, but with a red and white cross next to it... Then the wireless signal, with the cross, and it stops trying to connect.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Sounds like there is no wireless card detected. As others have suggested, your best bet would be to reinstall the drivers for it (while connected through ethernet).

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Possibly a hardware fault. I'd ring PCS they may be able to send out a replacement or you can send in the laptop for repair.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
You would be able to send it back for an RMA or you could request some guidance over the phone which I believe they are able to do. So that you can be more confident trying to change it.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Well, I dont know how confidant I am in trying to replace it myself.. Not something I've ever done before. Ever.

I replaced mine on my Optimus IV. On there it's under the keyboard. It's a bit fiddly when you first take it apart but it's not rocket science. As suggested you could (and should) RMA it if you're not confident of doing it yourself.