Suggestions for me to mull over for when the cash flow is better and IR paid off

Milkybarkid

Bronze Level Poster
My old PCS desktop will be 7 years old next year and although works fine is dithering where speed is concerned and reinstalling Win 7 hasn't made much difference, other than it is constantly trying to update itself. Since I started using a laptop on a regular basis, (more sociable) the desktop only gets used for scanning and printing off documents. To me, getting something that is super duper that is rarely used is a bit of a waste (I had even thought of ditching altogether and hooking up the laptop when needed).

I run a paperless ship so software used is Paperport, with Epsom Scanner and a Dell colour laser (I would like a wireless one). Other than that I have MS Office, Adobe Elements. MS Digital Image Suite and it also links up to my Nas Drive and a couple of Iomega external hard drives (the Buffalo NAS drive is a similar age and I have worries it might fail so keeping shifting stuff across). Only other software is the AV, Diskeeper and Adobe Reader.

My budget for something not used very often is £400ish. Could this buy a desktop that could more than do the job?