Supported memory for Vortex-III

bormom

Hi,

I have been looking around and I have seen the Clevo P170EM, on which it seems that the Vortex-III is based, is being offered with 32GB ram, but at the same time on the Clevo website is says up to 16GB depending on 2 and 4GB modules. I have also seen comments that there are issues when using more than 8GB if the frequency is higher than 1333MHz. I know that this might not really be relevant when talking about a gaming laptop, but if I'd like to also use it as a VM host for training purposes, or as a music production laptop and need to load plenty of samples into ram, I think it is worth clearing that up. Anyone?

Thanks!

Buzz

Master
If you download Sisoftsandra it will tell you the ram in your comp, what ram it can take and how much it will go max.

san1847.exe

Downlaod, install and run. After its open click mainboard

Look down the list for logical / chipset memory bank

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
16GB is the maximum RAM supported ob this chassis. It runs stable in 1333MHz and 1600MHz speeds.

bormom

It is being offered with 32gb 1600hz Samsung RAM in the Vortex III configurator. I am seriously considering this, so could you please confirm that it would be OK?

Daymos

Bronze Level Poster
Im looking to get 32gb in 1600mhz also

For 3d rendering and heavy multitasking etc it would be a dream for me.

I just want to know if its compatible as im hearing conflicting information and ive learnt that the configurater sometimes has errors with its combinations (although very rarely).

Maestro

This is from clevo with regards tothe P170EM and P150EM

Dual channel DDR3
Four 204 pins SODIMM sockets, support DDR3 1333/1600 MHz ( Real operation frequency depends on processor)
Two DIMMs per channel option is only available in 4 cores processor
Expandable memory up to 16GB/32GB, depends on 2GB/4GB/8GB SODIMM module