surge protection

truegrace

Enthusiast
With the delivery of my new machine being just round the corner I have suddenly realised I need some sort of surge protection.
I should of really got the UFO when I ordered my rig but as I didnt I have been scanning on amazon.
Something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00008Z9Y2/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1327761408&sr=8-1 reakons its not suitable for pcs and laptops, just wondered why not as don't want to spend the earth if I don't have to.

Cheers in advance

truegrace

Enthusiast
What do you use on yours? they seem to range in price from that sort of price up to about £50, dont want something all singing all dancing, just something thats safe

Corfate

Author Level
If you're connecting those directly to the PSU, it's going to be unbelievably loud :p I'd recommend waiting till you can buy the fan controller and the fans all together. Your PC will be fine without them :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
the one on PCS is £9 and will be £6 delivery too unless you ask for royal mail delivery which should be £1-2

truegrace

Enthusiast
I was planning on getting the pcs one but by the time I had got around to adding it my pc had already been dispatched, figured I might as well order 1 from amazon with some case fans, although as corfate said I would probably be better waiting and getting them with controller as pretty much every review for the sickleflows say superb fan, really loud @ full power, so don't think the other half will be happy at trying to sleep in the same room.
Will pinch the surge protector off the tv on Monday til I can get 1 delivered

truegrace

Enthusiast
The viper fans looks like they shift a lot of air, bit I don't like the yellow :p and at twice the price of the sickleflows mot sure if the extra flow would be worth it.
Hopefully the stock fans will keep me system cool enough for a month anyway, than will be posting asking for advise on best setups :)

tom_gr7

Life Serving
every review for the sickleflows say superb fan, really loud @ full power,

The sickleflows are great, but they are not that loud. maybe loud if you are not used to them, but to be honest they were some of the quietest fans I bought. I wouldn't be concerned with the noise at all.