Surge protector

SiAdams

Hi Guys,

Another noob question but nevertheless might help some others might not 😂

Some of you may know my 2 year old PSU blew a few months back and prior to that I was always switching the PSU switch off after each time I turned off my PC. I did read on corsair that this could cause the PSU to fail.

Now I'm turning off the surge protector each night instead and leaving the PSU switch on but I'm unsure if this is sensible. Should I just leave the power on all the time after shutting the PC down? Most probably a silly question but I'm paranoid of blowing another PSU

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi Guys,

Another noob question but nevertheless might help some others might not 😂

Some of you may know my 2 year old PSU blew a few months back and prior to that I was always switching the PSU switch off after each time I turned off my PC. I did read on corsair that this could cause the PSU to fail.

Now I'm turning off the surge protector each night instead and leaving the PSU switch on but I'm unsure if this is sensible. Should I just leave the power on all the time after shutting the PC down? Most probably a silly question but I'm paranoid of blowing another PSU
Yeah, there’s no need to isolate the power to the PSU when the PC is off. The surge protector will protect against any power cuts.

I’ve only turned my pc off a handful of times for OS updates and things since I built it in 2014.