Switching GPU for faster build?

Hiii. I’ve ordered a PC on 13th Feb, and was originally told it would be built by today (8th March), but this date understandably keeps getting extended further and further. The GPU I ordered was an RTX 2060.
I’ve seen on previous threads that some people have amended this to 3060 or something else and it has sped up the process (I.e put it into build a lot quicker). I do understand there is a queue process, but wondering if there is more 3060’s in stock than the 2060’s, it may be worth doing.
Has anyone else tried this? I wouldn’t want to risk doing it then finding out the 3060 stock is actually way worse, but I know RTX in general is pretty bad stock wise.

JackBarrs821

Strangely I’m in the exact same boat! I also ordered on the 13th of feb and with it coming up to soon being a month since I placed the order was getting a little tetchy! Especially for my first ever gaming pc! I also started off with the 2060 then changed it to the 2060 s and then recently when the 3060 came out changed it to that. I did this yesterday and received my follow up email this morning saying my build date is probably next Monday now...hopefully this doesn’t stick like this and I get as lucky as other people on these forums with their builds being done the same day! Let me know with how yours goes!

elliotr19

Same here - ordered 1st Feb and on 25 working days, and estimated build is today but has kept getting pushed back so I'm not holding my breath. If it's not today I'm thinking about changing to a 3060, as they seem to go into build straight away for most people reporting on here.

Strangely I’m in the exact same boat! I also ordered on the 13th of feb and with it coming up to soon being a month since I placed the order was getting a little tetchy! Especially for my first ever gaming pc! I also started off with the 2060 then changed it to the 2060 s and then recently when the 3060 came out changed it to that. I did this yesterday and received my follow up email this morning saying my build date is probably next Monday now...hopefully this doesn’t stick like this and I get as lucky as other people on these forums with their builds being done the same day! Let me know with how yours goes!
Yeah my automatic email I got yesterday also shows next Monday! My old PC totally died on me a month ago so I’m doing without anything right now which is driving me crazy haha! I’m just scared to change it to 3060 incase it’s worse. May just go for it though, at least I’ll get slightly better GPU out of it when it does eventually arrive :)

Same here - ordered 1st Feb and on 25 working days, and estimated build is today but has kept getting pushed back so I'm not holding my breath. If it's not today I'm thinking about changing to a 3060, as they seem to go into build straight away for most people reporting on here.
Yeah I’ve noticed that too.. but if everyone is doing the same thing we may get unlucky. I may wait a few days then change it!

elliotr19

Yeah I’ve noticed that too.. but if everyone is doing the same thing we may get unlucky. I may wait a few days then change it!
Yeah, I'm a bit scared to change mine as well incase it pushes the build back any further. I was talking to someone from PCS last week and they had a 2060 shipment on Friday, so they said build should be early this week for me, so I'll wait a few days maybe then give it a shot.

Yeah, I'm a bit scared to change mine as well incase it pushes the build back any further. I was talking to someone from PCS last week and they had a 2060 shipment on Friday, so they said build should be early this week for me, so I'll wait a few days maybe then give it a shot.
Well that’s good to hear! Just depends on where I am in the queue for those haha. I will wait a few days too :) hopefully it’s not too long for you

JackBarrs821

Yeah my automatic email I got yesterday also shows next Monday! My old PC totally died on me a month ago so I’m doing without anything right now which is driving me crazy haha! I’m just scared to change it to 3060 incase it’s worse. May just go for it though, at least I’ll get slightly better GPU out of it when it does eventually arrive :)
That’s what my thinking was! Just hoping they can get through all the orders quick as I was originally told the 3rd of March so is all a bit odd now I’ve been told most likely it’ll be the 15th!

I've amended my order from 2060 to 3060 just now (original order date 3rd Feb). I'll let you guys know how if/when I get updates.
Yeah, I just done the same a few hours ago. Decided it would be better to have a slightly better GPU anyway. If it speeds it up, great, but if not at least I have a better card out of it. I will also let you all know how it goes if anything changes :)

Hi, I ordered a PC with an RTX 2060super on the 15th feb,was due into build this morning. But I changed GPU to a RTX3060 last thursday morning and its been awaiting dispatch since 13:27 this afternoon..
I had been told that my original GPU was due in at the end of last week.

JackBarrs821

Hiii. I’ve ordered a PC on 13th Feb, and was originally told it would be built by today (8th March), but this date understandably keeps getting extended further and further. The GPU I ordered was an RTX 2060.
I’ve seen on previous threads that some people have amended this to 3060 or something else and it has sped up the process (I.e put it into build a lot quicker). I do understand there is a queue process, but wondering if there is more 3060’s in stock than the 2060’s, it may be worth doing.
Has anyone else tried this? I wouldn’t want to risk doing it then finding out the 3060 stock is actually way worse, but I know RTX in general is pretty bad stock wise.
My pc has gone into building today and is supposedly going into testing tomorrow! Should be here by the end of the week upgrade to rtx 3060!

dunker

I've amended my order from 2060 to 3060 just now (original order date 3rd Feb). I'll let you guys know how if/when I get updates.
No update on my specific order, but I've been in contact via email with the support team. Just to relay some info about the 2060 card:

"
Looking at your system you have ordered the 2060 graphics which is out of stock due to constraints from the manufacturers which is causing the delay, the oldest waiting order is from the end of December so this gives you a scale of the wait times and unfortunately we cannot build the system without this. We are trying our best to bring this in but sadly stock is dried up and waiting from the suppliers to confirm when they will arrive.

It looks like you have changed to a 3060 graphics cards these are a new product so may be a delay but the oldest waiting order is from near the end of Feb so the delays may not be as bad.
"

Looks like it is worth upgrading to the 3060 if you want your system to arrive in a timely manner.

No update on my specific order, but I've been in contact via email with the support team. Just to relay some info about the 2060 card:

"
Looking at your system you have ordered the 2060 graphics which is out of stock due to constraints from the manufacturers which is causing the delay, the oldest waiting order is from the end of December so this gives you a scale of the wait times and unfortunately we cannot build the system without this. We are trying our best to bring this in but sadly stock is dried up and waiting from the suppliers to confirm when they will arrive.

It looks like you have changed to a 3060 graphics cards these are a new product so may be a delay but the oldest waiting order is from near the end of Feb so the delays may not be as bad.
"

Looks like it is worth upgrading to the 3060 if you want your system to arrive in a timely manner.
Thank you for letting me know! I did upgrade in the end so fingers crossed it won’t take as long

elliotr19

"

"

I've contacted them as well, apparently there's no stock notification on my order and they have the parts, so I'm just waiting for build now with my 2060. I ordered on Feb 1st when it was showing in stock and they said it should be built fairly soon. Everyone seems to be giving different answers and I've had different answers each time I've called them up so let's see what happens.