System issues , missing files , nvidia drivers

rickne

Master Poster
Been having an issue relating to using Geforce experience. It would not boot for toffee , so I tried uninstalling. This left the uninstaller to hang. I force uninstalled all nvidia files , drivers etc with driver fusion. Rebooted . Now no drivers install , all fail , no matter which you try. Ran a registry fixer from AVG (pctuneup_) and still no joy.

Last resort was attempt a system refresh , however when I click this it tells me install filesare missing , please aquire. Well id love to know how as this was a digital installation. Im half tempted to get my old win 7 disk and install that as this is now a useless lap top to me in its current condition.

EDIT: System restore points , you are my saviour!!

Last edited:

steaky360

Glad you got it sorted in the end rickne! Sounds irritating! Very odd though, my experience wouldn't boot when I updated it (to include shadowplay etc.) but it didn't have an issue uninstalling / re installing when I tried that.

Matrix510

Bronze Level Poster
On my Optimus V Geforce Experience didn't even seem to be installed, or atleast didn't run. So I downloaded the game ready drivers and they installed fine, giving me access to all the programs. I tried to load Nvidia control panel before and it kept saying "No display running from an Nvidia Geforce GPU detected" or something.

If it works for you though, I'm glad! Huzzah.