System not prepared in OOBE setup

PC arrived today! Got all my monitors and peripherals hooked up, everything looks good, all the hardware is functioning fine.

However, it boots directly into an Administrator account, there's a load of files sitting around on the C drive in a temp folder that look like test files - and 'System Preparation Tool 3.14' appears on boot, with an option to enter the 'system out-of-box experience', or 'system audit mode'. It seems to me that whoever built it hasn't done the final wipe?

EDIT: Following through and triggering into out-of-box experience does seem to have worked, I'm at the regular windows first run screen now. That was a bit silly!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
PC arrived today! Got all my monitors and peripherals hooked up, everything looks good, all the hardware is functioning fine.

However, it boots directly into an Administrator account, there's a load of files sitting around on the C drive in a temp folder that look like test files - and 'System Preparation Tool 3.14' appears on boot, with an option to enter the 'system out-of-box experience', or 'system audit mode'. It seems to me that whoever built it hasn't done the final wipe?
You need to put it into the OOBE which is the Out Of Box Experience, sounds like you're spot on, they forgot to do that last step before sending it.

It will essentially do a windows restore and restore it to factory settings, fully clean and ready for you.

Yeah, sitting through the regular installation process now, just got to the licence agreement. Looking good so far! Can't fault the hardware, best I can tell, just that one hiccup.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, sitting through the regular installation process now, just got to the licence agreement. Looking good so far! Can't fault the hardware, best I can tell, just that one hiccup.
Fingers crossed, that's all it is and it's smooth sailing from here.

At least you've got evidence it's been thoroughly tested ;)

Would love to see a review if you get a moment with some photos, this sounds like quite a monster build from your other posts!

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Do please let PCS know about this. It's ok for you because clearly you are able to reinstall Windows, but not everyone is that technical. If you buy a PC with Windows installed then you should see the OOBE on startup and nothing else. It sounds like someone missed a step with yours and PCS need to know that so it doesn't happen again. :)