Tech help with rgb fans

Hey all.

So i bought my rig from PCS in November last year and changed the case today.

Now I'm using an NZXT H510 elite.

Plugged it all in and it's all fine.

The two fans on the front are AER fans (they are rgb) and light up white upon boot and then as soon as i open NZXT CAM (monitoring software and RGB customizer) the fans rgb turns off and they aren't recognised.

Went into devices and printers and they aren't recognised in there but they are on the unknown thing at the bottom.

Up to date with USB drivers and everything else, i just can't seem to get the rgb to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It might help if you post the full spec from the order page so we can all see exactly what your build looks like.

It might help if you post the full spec from the order page so we can all see exactly what your build looks like.
Case
PCS 6003B BLACK CASE
Processor (CPU)
Intel i7-9700k
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO DDR4, USB 3.1 - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16Gb Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 550W VS SERIES™ VS-550 POWER SUPPLY
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
NZXT Kraken X62 280mm AIO
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
1x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
How are the fans connected to the system? Is it via Fan header and USB header? Which Fan header did you use? Which USB header did you use?

I'm not sure if you are aware, but I believe replacing the case invalidates your warranty. As much as it's an open case policy, that's a little more extreme than they allow for.

How are the fans connected to the system? Is it via Fan header and USB header? Which Fan header did you use? Which USB header did you use?

I'm not sure if you are aware, but I believe replacing the case invalidates your warranty. As much as it's an open case policy, that's a little more extreme than they allow for.
On the nzxt h510 there is a controller. You plug the fans into the controller and then a separate cable goes into the motherboard from the controller into a USB motherboard port

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
On the nzxt h510 there is a controller. You plug the fans into the controller and then a separate cable goes into the motherboard from the controller into a USB motherboard port

The one's that go onto the motherboard..... which ones did you use? When you say USB port, is this external at the rear of the case? Which USB port did you use?

The one's that go onto the motherboard..... which ones did you use? When you say USB port, is this external at the rear of the case? Which USB port did you use?
Sorry my bad.
The controller gets plugged into the USB Header on the motherboard

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Sorry my bad.
The controller gets plugged into the USB Header on the motherboard

Ok... so which one did you use? The instructions can sometimes specify which type of USB header to connect to.

The fan controller will also be connected to a FAN header. Which one did you use here too?

Ok... so which one did you use? The instructions can sometimes specify which type of USB header to connect to.

The fan controller will also be connected to a FAN header. Which one did you use here too?
For the controller I used the standard usb 2.0 9 pin header.

And the 4pin fan header into the sys_fan on motherboard.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Sounds spot on. Are there drivers provided for the Fan Controller? As it's "unknown" in the device manager, it sounds like the drivers simply aren't installed.

Sounds spot on. Are there drivers provided for the Fan Controller? As it's "unknown" in the device manager, it sounds like the drivers simply aren't installed.
From a quick Google search, it doesn't appear to have any.
The software that nzxt provide to modify the profile of the rgb isn't recognising it either.
So maybe a faulty controller?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
From a quick Google search, it doesn't appear to have any.
The software that nzxt provide to modify the profile of the rgb isn't recognising it either.
So maybe a faulty controller?

There has to be a driver. The driver is the translator between the interfaces, it must exist or it won't work.

Maybe contact NZXT support to see what they say? As it's not a PCS provided item there's not really a lot they will do to help.