Temps...whats normal?

BT81

Enthusiast
Just playing a bit of Control, enjoying my Ray Tracing vibe.
Anyway, it's not often I can hear the GPU fans. Thought I'd load up TecUpPower GPU-Z

Below is a screenshot.
Max GPU temp 82.0
Max CPU temp 68.2

Whilst I still find my way on first 'my first PC' experience. Are those 'normal temps'? What would be the 'worry moment'

High-level specs

NZXT H115i
3070 Palit GPU
3600x CPU
H115i cooler
x2 case fans (noctua chromax) at the rear and top

Attachments

• 1.gif
    1.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 148

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
In my limited experince and uneducated opinion - I would say those temps are fine. My ancient GPU frequently gets into the low 80's when it's pushed hard. My CPU can find the 70's on occasion also.

They can both safely go higher but for longevity I don't think you want to be exceeding your quoted figures there by too much.

Others here will respond I am sure with more accurate and useful info.....

Citrus_9

Expert
Quick Google says Palit 3070 on load is 73C. To be honest, 82C is not high, especially when it's a closed pc case. You should start worry when you'll start using it to make scrambled eggs or a toast ;)

scarpa1

Enthusiast
My water cooled 3080 OC Strix has yet to go over 60c. Either the temp readings are wrong or the waterblock and the rest of the liquid cooling is excellent.

Though even my 3dmark firestrike tests the average temp can be as low as 38c and has never gone over 46c

CPU does go higher, generally in the high 60's but has hit 81c once, though I had been on Cyberpunk for 6 hours solid at 4k and Ultra settings so I would expect a bit of heat.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just playing a bit of Control, enjoying my Ray Tracing vibe.
Anyway, it's not often I can hear the GPU fans. Thought I'd load up TecUpPower GPU-Z

Below is a screenshot.
Max GPU temp 82.0
Max CPU temp 68.2

Whilst I still find my way on first 'my first PC' experience. Are those 'normal temps'? What would be the 'worry moment'

High-level specs

NZXT H115i
3070 Palit GPU
3600x CPU
H115i cooler
x2 case fans (noctua chromax) at the rear and top
Control is THE heaviest game in existence and will push any GPU to its absolute limits.

The target temp of the 3070 is 83c on stock settings, so what you’re seeing is atypically normal on such high loads.

Target temp can be pushed to 90c quite happily. You don’t need to worry at all.

BT81

Enthusiast
My water cooled 3080 OC Strix has yet to go over 60c. Either the temp readings are wrong or the waterblock and the rest of the liquid cooling is excellent.

Though even my 3dmark firestrike tests the average temp can be as low as 38c and has never gone over 46c

CPU does go higher, generally in the high 60's but has hit 81c once, though I had been on Cyberpunk for 6 hours solid at 4k and Ultra settings so I would expect a bit of heat.
I don't know what I am more impressed by.

The low temps of your machine, or you could play cyberpunk for 6 hours. It would have crashed 27trillion times on my PC!