Thank You All

PauFen

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone here for their advice regarding my recent order, it was really helpful and I'm delighted with the result.

The build came after only 14 days (with an Asus 3080!), and I couldn’t be happier. The only minor issue was a BIOS CPU fan error on first boot, but it was just a matter of re-seating the connection on the MB header – must have dislodged in transit. I apologise in advance for the cable apocalypse that is my home studio (the rest of the room is even worse :LOL:), but here’s the machine in situ and the final configuration.

S1800006c.JPG

Case
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO WIFI (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
64GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
10GB ASUS TUF GAMING GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive
2TB FIRECUDA 530 GEN 4 M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7300MB/R, 6000MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H115i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
Standard Paste
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
N/A
USB/Thunderbolt Options
2 PORT (2 x TYPE A) USB 3.1 PCI-E CARD + STANDARD USB PORTS
Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

I haven’t fully put it through its paces yet, I’ve just been setting up, installing apps and running a few casual tests. That said, baking one of my Unreal VR projects was blazingly fast, I’m able to run VR at x2 supersampling whilst maintaining buttery smooth frame-rates and Red Dead Redemption 2 at 4K on Ultra is a thing of beauty.

I’m really stoked with the machine and the service from PCS, but above all appreciative of the helpfulness here on the forums. My only slight regret is that I didn’t go for a Capellix cooler, but only because I could have upgraded it to one of these bad-boys without the hassle of replacing the whole thing (love this kind of thing :)), but that's something that I can do myself if I really can't resist.

Anyway, thanks again. (y)

Last edited:

PauFen

Looks good,k i'[m awaiting one of the LCD's
Thanks Martinr36. Yeah, I’m kicking myself, I wasn’t aware of it until my machine went into the building phase. I tend to prefer a more subdued look so didn’t feel that the Capellix offered me much over the PRO XT, but that LCD looks like so much fun. Useful too.

PauFen

It would be cool if they brought out some more general LCD screens for monitoring (decoupled from the cooler). I’m quite impressed with the iCUE software.