The 15.6" Vortex II 15 - Battery Life

dsank

I am looking at the The 15.6" Vortex II 15

with an i5 2520m Processor - Full HD Matt Screen

7200 rpm 500GB hDD with the nvdia GF 560m

Can you advise what the batterylife would be for:

Internet Browsing with Wifi on (standard wifi module - no upgrades)

Internet Browsing with Ethernet on - No Wifi

Watching Videos

Highload

Many Thanks

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We do not test our laptops in each individual scenario.

100 minutes with Nvidia GeForce GTX 485M is the stated battery life. With the GTX 560M the battery life will be higher.

Last edited:

dsank

Cheers, do you have any internet browsing tests? .. or idle tests?if not please tell me the clevo model number and ill do some research. Thanks

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately we haven't done any further tests. The model number is P150HM.

Last edited:

kev-p

Confused?!

Hi PCS

I'm now confused as to exactly what functionality this laptop offers in terms of use of the integrated GPU.

In one post you are saying that the Vortex does not support Optimus (i.e. auto switching between Intel integrated GPU and GTX) but then in the next post say that the tests were first carried out with Optimus in Amber (GPU turned on) then Optimus Green (GPU turned off).... which implies there is a way to extend battery life by running on the iGPU?!?!?

So please can you clarify - with the Vortex II 15.6" and GTX560M is there a way to turn off the GTX and run solely on the iGPU?

Cheers!

Kev

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Apologies for the confusion - I assumed the chassis in question was the Optimus II and not the Vortex II.

I can confirm that the Optimus technology is not enabled on the Vortex II chassis.