The 15.6" Vortex IV Review

Bhavs

Hey all

Firstly id like to thank PCS for building this raging monster of a laptop, it truly is a BEAST! Had a Toshiba before this which was very goood but lacked a half decent graphics card... most it could handle was plants vs zombies and angry birds and as i liked games on consoles but didn't have one, i thought id be time to invest in a gaming laptop. This was a hard looking for one from website jumping to find one which included everything i had... most dont as they have those 1/2 components which you just dont need/never going to use so then my friend shows me this website and well BOOM the laptop was chosen, looked at a few, customised a few, got a quote from a few but then decided on this one only option was now to decide the price range i was going to go for but my opinion to this, invest in a computer/laptop heavily then you can future proof it to either new games/applications as you wont need to buy a new one later if your current one can handle it then. This one had a few changes done to it... had its priced bumped up a lot i think it was near the £100 mark so i was not impressed but then it went back to normal so it worked out well, and so here the spec for this which was at a decent price of £1,215.00.

Chassis & Display Vortex Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4800MQ (2.70GHz) 6MB
Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 770M - 3.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 750GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD7500BPKX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)
1st Hard Disk Partitions 400GB, 350GB
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)
Wireless/Wired Networking GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ 1202 WIRELESS GAMING 802.11N + BLUETOOTH 4.0
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery PCS EXTRA-CARE DIAMOND DELIVERY - MON-FRI, PRE-NOON
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 11 to 13 working days

Production Dates
Processed Date 09-10-2013
Pre-Production Date 15-10-2013
Build Date 17-10-2013
Test Date 29-10-2013
Awaiting Dispatch Date 30-10-2013
Dispatch Date 30-10-2013

Everything ran smoothly, from payment going through fine, to pre-production and build date, was very quick but the problem happened for the testing... This I was very displeased about as it had taken a VERY long time to complete, although i gave them the benefit of the doubt as they told me they are in the transition process of moving buildings and that my laptop would be a priority and it was as stated in the notes i was given and when it arrived, I was static!

Very sleeek! Very fast! can handle ANY game throw at it too which i have tried and tested.

Comfy to type with although its different to my other laptop so still getting used to this but in time it will become normal as most things do with more you use them.

I am very pleased with the outcome of the laptop and I'd definitely buy from them again or most likely upgrade this one as i totally love the backlit keyboard this is FRIGGGIN awesome!

No problems either with this so i say EPIC win!

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for your review! :) Could you post some pictures? We will then add it the reviews section on our configurator.

sean495

Hows the fan/ cooling - does it get hot and how noisy does it get, both when using it for games and just in general useage (browsing, office, on standby, etc)?

- got my eye on a similar build but want to be sure before i spend 1k+