The 5830...?

Alex

(Apologies in advance if I should have posted this somewhere else.)

I had been planning to get the Radeon 5830 1GB with my new build (from the £300-£800 section of the site), but I noticed just now that it is no longer on the list of cards I can choose from

Is it just out of stock, or has it been removed from the list permanently, at least on that section?

Matt00011

Silver Level Poster
(Apologies in advance if I should have posted this somewhere else.)

I had been planning to get the Radeon 5830 1GB with my new build (from the £300-£800 section of the site), but I noticed just now that it is no longer on the list of cards I can choose from

Is it just out of stock, or has it been removed from the list permanently, at least on that section?

Yep, the site has been re-arranged the last week or so, so you will have to order from the £500 - £3000 top spec section. Luckily I ordered before the section was changed.

The 6850 is probably the one you want to go for, it's a newer card which was only released a few weeks ago (the 6 series) and it's performance is better than the 5830 and just short of the 5850. This is the nearest card to the 5830 available now. :)

Alex

Ahh, I see. Thank you both.

In regard to the 6850, I don't think I need it, as I only play less-demanding games such as The Sims 3. I'm thinking of going with the 768MB Nvidia GTX460 as it would probably be more than enough for what I want to use it for, and it's cheaper than the 5770 or 6850. :)