The Great RTX 3060ti Wait and Delivery Thread

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
I'm about to switch from a 3060 ti to a 6700xt which costs £20 extra. I don't really care about ray tracing/dlss but with the wait time being increased to mid april for 30 series and me being on working day 36 I kind of want to get my pc soon before easter. Could do with some advice on whether this is a worthwhile switch, thanks.
I would say mate that take the no 30 series GPU's til mid-April with the slightest pinch of salt. As many have mentioned, they just don't know when and how many of these GPU's will arrive. I'd be astonished if they didn't receive any between now and then, although it could ring true for 3060Ti which is now greyed out in the configurator.

Your best bet is to give them a call, mainly to make sure that it's just the GPU you're waiting for too.

Roe

I would say mate that take the no 30 series GPU's til mid-April with the slightest pinch of salt. As many have mentioned, they just don't know when and how many of these GPU's will arrive. I'd be astonished if they didn't receive any between now and then, although it could ring true for 3060Ti which is now greyed out in the configurator.

Your best bet is to give them a call, mainly to make sure that it's just the GPU you're waiting for too.
Alright thanks I'll keep that in mind.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

I would entirely agree with this, it's a total unknown either way at the moment, likely until Q3.

Roe

Just went into build with a ryzen 5 5600x/ rx 6700xt after switching yesterday on 37 working days. I was going to call about my parts but I guess not now! Good luck on getting your 3060 ti's everyone!

Aquax

To anyone who is thinking of swapping to the 3070, do it! I swapped to the 3070 yesterday (at 36 days) and I went into building this morning!

Jij

'The Great I can't wait for a 3060ti so will try 3070 instead thread'!

To add to what's already been said
- I asked on live chat last Thursday if I should switch to the 3070 from 3060ti. They said the wait times were the same for both.
- after seeing posts about people with 10 days getting the 3070, I switched on Saturday
- some people with less wait time than me were still getting built, so I checked the configurator and found my ssd was no longer in stock.
- I switched the ssd last night and this morning am in build after 12 working days!!!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted updates - without all your advice I wouldn't be in this position! I hope anyone who decides to wait for the 3060ti doesn't have too much longer to go.

CasDal

'The Great I can't wait for a 3060ti so will try 3070 instead thread'!

To add to what's already been said
- I asked on live chat last Thursday if I should switch to the 3070 from 3060ti. They said the wait times were the same for both.
- after seeing posts about people with 10 days getting the 3070, I switched on Saturday
- some people with less wait time than me were still getting built, so I checked the configurator and found my ssd was no longer in stock.
- I switched the ssd last night and this morning am in build after 12 working days!!!!

Thanks to everyone who has posted updates - without all your advice I wouldn't be in this position! I hope anyone who decides to wait for the 3060ti doesn't have too much longer to go.
Which SSD did you have in your previous build?

aseax

The intels are poor drives anyway, far outperformed by any other model. We would never recommend them.
could you elaborate? It is for a friend haha

PS: MY FRIEND is used to play with an HDD so even if the intel SSD is not the best the change should be good enough isn't it?

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
could you elaborate? It is for a friend haha

PS: MY FRIEND is used to play with an HDD so even if the intel SSD is not the best the change should be good enough isn't it?
I believe it's mostly because they have a short life expectancy. They have fewer read/write cycles before failure so less reliable than other drives.

aseax

So after a long talk with some people, I changed for the 6700 XT, took the motherboard with wifi, and as I got a little bit more money right now change the SSD (for my friend :ROFLMAO: ).
I just don't really care about the raytracing.

Will keep you up to date !

SteMcKay

So wish I swapped out last week but didn't want to have to wait longer than I had to but seeing everyone going into build after switching is making me gutted and jealous that I didn't just bite the bullet.

Day 27 here now.... but seeing so many others swapping over to 3070, not sure whether to swap or hang fire as surely I'll be jumping up the queue now?