The Great RTX 3060ti Wait and Delivery Thread

MrWilson

Godlike
Crazy mate!
The difference between the two if you go to buy is still only £140 but if I want to upgrade its £250, even though I'm not I'm build!
That's not because you're not in build. It means that you ordered the 3060ti when it was cheaper than it is now. When you amend your build you pay the current price for the amended component, which can change a lot as stock levels keep going up and down unpredictably.
Purely based on performance, paying an extra £250 to upgrade would not be worth it in my opinion, but time is money, and some people might go for that in order to get their build sooner.

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Crazy mate!
The difference between the two if you go to buy is still only £140 but if I want to upgrade its £250, even though I'm not I'm build!

It depends on how much you paid for the 3060Ti in the first place. My upgrade cost £178 but it was because the Ti was obviously cheaper when I bought it.

The costs are fluctuating almost daily so what you pay won't necessarily be the same as what others pay.

Craggle

That's not because you're not in build. It means that you ordered the 3060ti when it was cheaper than it is now. When you amend your build you pay the current price for the amended component, which can change a lot as stock levels keep going up and down unpredictably.
Purely based on performance, paying an extra £250 to upgrade would not be worth it in my opinion, but time is money, and some people might go for that in order to get their build sooner.
I paid £438 for the 3060ti when I first paid for my build.
Yesterday I compared the price difference and it was £150 more (including the £10 for the power supply)
Today the price difference is £250. Prices don't fluctuate by £100 and the constant excuses for it are very irritating ESPECIALLY when they are still accepting orders for the 3070 at the cheaper price

Craggle

To be honest it's just frustrating. 31 working days may not be as long as some others but I've seen so many post along the lines of "switched to 3070, went in build next day)
Nothing I can do I guess but wait

MrWilson

Godlike
I paid £438 for the 3060ti when I first paid for my build.
Yesterday I compared the price difference and it was £150 more (including the £10 for the power supply)
Today the price difference is £250. Prices don't fluctuate by £100 and the constant excuses for it are very irritating ESPECIALLY when they are still accepting orders for the 3070 at the cheaper price
So you managed to get a good price for a GPU during a global shortage of components. PCS are currently not accepting new orders for the 3060ti as they are waiting for their backlog to clear. And I don't know what you mean by the 3070 being a cheaper price? By your maths the 3070 is £758, and that is not really the 'cheaper price' considering the MSRP is around £500.

I understand that you're frustrated, I do empathise with you and hope that you get your PC as soon as possible, but we are still in a massive component shortage and we have to adapt to it accordingly.

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
To be honest it's just frustrating. 31 working days may not be as long as some others but I've seen so many post along the lines of "switched to 3070, went in build next day), so I look into it myself and the price is worlds apart the very next day. And it's not like they are paying more themselves so its just makes it quite obvious what's being done.
Nothing I can do I guess but wait
You don't know that they're not paying more themselves. There is a big difference between the price of a standard Zotac card and a Strix 3070, maybe they can only get a hold of the more expensive ones so they've had to bump the price? I would suggest getting in touch with them and asking about the price increase as you won't get an answer here in the forum.

MrWilson

Godlike
But that does literally nothing to change the fact that the price PCS are paying has not changed.
This is purely conjecture, unless you have this information from PCS you have no way of verifying it.

As you've said, you've said your piece. I hope you go into build soon, but I'm moving on from this now. 👌

aseax

So many people left the queue the week, people between 30 and 40 days.
Should be good news for the others! 🥳

alexking

Woah! The first 3060ti in build this week! Possibly means they got their hands on some cards?

Considering they were on day 77, there may well have been a card held back for them from a previous batch rather than new ones coming in. We can hope though, I'm on day 44 and a batch of 3060Tis should get me into build!

VladM

Considering they were on day 77, there may well have been a card held back for them from a previous batch rather than new ones coming in. We can hope though, I'm on day 44 and a batch of 3060Tis should get me into build!
I don't think they hold parts back, from what I've seen discussed on forums it's more of a "do you have all the parts? No? Next." Just to get more builds through

Dave11

Bronze Level Poster
Erm.....
soooooo........
When could stocks go back to some sort of ‘normality’?
Next week? Next month? Later this year? Perhaps later this decade?

🤔

Muin

Bronze Level Poster
Erm.....
soooooo........

🤔
Nobody knows for sure but personally, I would expect this shortage to go on for the majority of the year in one way or another.

T.wizz

Erm.....
soooooo........

🤔
I think officially it is mid-April/May that people have been saying, but hopefully they mean in 2021 and not 2029 :ROFLMAO: