The Last Remnants

mfcphil

Bronze Level Poster
I have a problem which will be solved when I get an xbox controller, but for the time been I have a logitech dual gamepad running...

The thing is I can not get the left thumb stick to work as required, ie. moving the player up down left and right, this has to be done using the d-pad.

I've been in the set up and tried to change the movement under the field set up but still no joy :yawn: I altered the logitech setting so the d-pad and left stick are swapped...that just stopped the player moving at all

Has anyone come across this problem and solved it? :turned:

Tom DWC

Here's a quote from a member of the Logitech Product Team on their official forums - regarding the same issue:

If you don't have software installed, then the configuration of the gamepad is entirely defined by the game. What this means is that while there's no limitation on the hardware and it's behavior, the actual game determines what inputs it accepts. So, if the game is only designed to see the analog sticks and the buttons, but not the D-Pad, that's what it will do.

To make our gamepads more convenient, we've included the MODE switch. What this does is swap the D-Pad and the left analog stick to circumvent games that only recognize one input (IF you prefer to use the other left-directional input). MODE cannot combine these functions, only swap them.

To add additional functions, you can download the Logitech Profiler application. The profiler will let you customize buttons in the gamepad to issue keystrokes, so that you can "force" the game to recognize inputs on the gamepad that it's ignoring. How you do this is go into the game, and assign keystrokes to the functions you want, then open the profiler application. Here, you can assign a profile to the game, then configure these extra keystrokes to, say, the D-Pad of the controller. Thus, you can trick the game into behaving in the way that you want.

mfcphil

Bronze Level Poster
Here's a quote from a member of the Logitech Product Team on their official forums - regarding the same issue:

Yes I knew of this, that's why I already tried the SWAPPING of the keypad and left thumbstick.....the Logitech profiler does not show you how to change the KEYPAD settings to the LEFT THUMBSTICK this could help