The latest problem on the endless list of issues with this awful laptop.

chrwhi638

Hi,

I've had non-stop trouble with this laptop since it was bought, various problems with it that none of my other desktops or laptops have had. To say that I'm extremely disappointed with it (especially considering it cost £700) is an understatement. As it's still under warranty I'll be chasing a refund if this continues. Anyway, that's my little rant over and hopefully someone can help with the latest random problem -

I turned the laptop on, attempted to update Adobe flash player and the laptop froze completely, I left it for a while and it was still frozen after half hour or so, so I turned it off using the power button (I know not recommended, but else could be done?)

Then I turned it back on and am now getting the following (error?) message on the boot up:

Reboot and select proper boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key.

Thanks for any help.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Hi,

I've had non-stop trouble with this laptop since it was bought, various problems with it that none of my other desktops or laptops have had. To say that I'm extremely disappointed with it (especially considering it cost £700) is an understatement. As it's still under warranty I'll be chasing a refund if this continues. Anyway, that's my little rant over and hopefully someone can help with the latest random problem -

I turned the laptop on, attempted to update Adobe flash player and the laptop froze completely, I left it for a while and it was still frozen after half hour or so, so I turned it off using the power button (I know not recommended, but else could be done?)

Then I turned it back on and am now getting the following (error?) message on the boot up:

or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press a key.

Thanks for any help.

Hi,
Have you attempted going into bio to check the booting priority? Can you list the spec of your laptop?

chrwhi638

I've tried changing the boot options aswell as the boot priority, getting the same error.

Chassis & Display Xenon: 14.1" Matte HD LED Backlit Widescreen (1366x768)

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i5 Dual Core Mobile Processor i5-2430M (2.40GHz) 3MB

Memory (RAM) 8GB SAMSUNG 1333MHz SODIMM DDR3 MEMORY (2 x 4GB)

Graphics Card Intel® HD Graphics 3000 Video Memory Technology up to 1.7GB

2nd Graphics Card NONE

Memory - 1st Hard Disk 250GB WD SCORPIO BLACK WD2500BEKT, SATA 3 Gb/s, 16MB CACHE (7200 rpm)

2nd Hard Disk NONE

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x SATA DVD±R/RW/Dual Layer (+ 24x CD-RW)

Memory Card Reader Internal 9 in 1 Card Reader (MMC/RSMMC/SD: Mini, XC & HC/MS: Pro & Duo)

Sound Card Intel 2 Channel High Definition Audio + MIC/Headphone Jack

Network Facilities GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS 802.11N CARD INC. BLUETOOTH 3.0

USB Options 3 x USB 2.0 PORTS AS STANDARD

Battery 2 x 6 Cell Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 62.16WH (One Spare)

Power Lead & Adaptor 1 x UK Power Lead & 65W AC Adaptor

Operating System Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence

Office Software FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

chrwhi638

also, when I change the boot priority or choose a boot option, the following comes up instead -

intel undi, pxe-2.0 (build 083)
copyright (c) 1997-2000 intel corporation

*** Micron JMC25X gigabit Ethernet Controller Version 1.0.9.0 ***
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM

or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
You could try setting boot priority as mentioned,but it looks like it could be a faulty hard drive,in which case best give PCS a call,they will sort it out given the chance.

dangro474

Bright Spark
I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems, but it sounds to me like the HDD has had a mechanical failure (i.e. still present in BIOS but incapable of booting).

Unfortunately these things do happen. Unless you are able to remove the HDD and test it in a desktop yourself, I would recommend RMAing the system.

chrwhi638

Thanks for the advice. I'll test the HDD on my desktop as dangro has suggested, if not it will be the 2nd RMA for this laptop :/