The new nVidia GTX 680, coming soon!™

Ady72

I'm about to order a PC and there is no option for the GTX 590 which i really wanted. Is there any chance of having this card in my machine or do i have to have the 580 3GB?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I believe 590s are still not massively common, so with them needing to order them, perhaps they arent on the configuratron at present?

Ady72

I believe 590s are still not massively common, so with them needing to order them, perhaps they arent on the configuratron at present?

There not on the configuration but if i rang them up would they configure it with a 590? I've read/heard that the 680 will come in 4GB. Even though the 680 is new and only 2GB, is the 590 3GB better having 1GB more? Not really techy but i want the GTX 590.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
the 590 is a dual gpu, I think its two 580's placed on the same card. The 590 may be better than a 680 because its two cards, but its probably likely two 680's are better than a 590.

but think about 590's are hard to get hold of, and if something was to go wrong with yours, then it would again take time to find a replacement. think about pricing too 590's are expensive, also both a 580,590,and a 680 will play bf3 on ultra, so you wont even see much of a difference between the three in game, unless you use fraps or something to monitor the fps.

Ya best bet is to call pcs and ask what the crack is with 590, if it were my rig and i had the money to spend then i'd consider the 680 but then again its alot of money, and you could spend less on a 1.5gb 580 and still gain very similar in game performance.

Stappa

Enthusiast
From the 3 main online review websites??

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 - "The GTX 680 2GB represents a meaningful jump in performance, features and efficiency that AMD's high-end hasn't matched and the result is a simply outstanding GPU. If you've got the money, then this is the card to get."
Read more

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 - "...the outcome is starkly clear; NVIDIA has the best GPU for gamers who crave the utmost performance. The GeForce GTX 680 [...] is the best high-end GPU available right now, dethroning the AMD Radeon HD 7970 in the process."
Read more

The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 - "Overall, the GeForce GTX 680 is extraordinary. NVIDIA again takes home the title of world's fastest graphics processor and also with market-leading performance per watt."
Read more

sanj

I built a machine for a lucky customer last Friday and he had two of the 680's in his build!:)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I built a machine for a lucky customer last Friday and he had two of the 680's in his build!:)

...the fu...uhmm...wow thats some powerful machine right there (hope everything else inside matched it for impressiveness :D )

sanj

It did!He's problem was he had been waiting for stock of two 7970's but he's luck was in as the 680'S came in the same day!:)