The new nVidia GTX 680, coming soon!™

PiXiL

It seems there's some news regarding nVidia's new GPU, the GTX 680. Apparently it's due for release either today, the 22nd of March, or some time very soon!

Here's a marketing video for it that was leaked only several hours ago:

[video=youtube;HxXk-iXLjiY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=HxXk-iXLjiY[/video]

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
All my PC components love news about new fancy graphics cards. All except my 570, who is now sulking thinking that it isn't good anymore. I mean I gave it reassurances, but the thing is so insecure its not funny!

A truth is now known; graphics cards are female :) *hides from Rakk*

Corfate

Author Level
All my PC components love news about new fancy graphics cards. All except my 570, who is now sulking thinking that it isn't good anymore. I mean I gave it reassurances, but the thing is so insecure its not funny!

A truth is now known; graphics cards are female :) *hides from Rakk*

Got to treat them with love, to keep them happy and working, right? ;)

How much is a 680 anyways?

Rakk

The Awesome
Meanwhile my graphics card would happily be replaced, its tired and wants a rest now :)

How much is a 680 anyways?
A lot!

Much as I'd like one, I think I'll be waiting til the price has dropeed significantly :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I did a configuratron thingy, and the 680 came out about 40 squid more than the 580, but about 200-300 less than the 590 :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I was reading a review but I think it was 350w and lower power consumption than the GTX 580 1.5 GB

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It has a TDP of 195W so a 600W PSU will be adequate, perhaps a 750W or above for really high end systems.

Maestro

I would not put anything in less than a 650w corsair. Watts matter but Amps is important and the 650w corsair tx is single rail with plenty of amps to go round.
If you plany on adding a second 680 at any time in the future than 850w minimum.

Maestro

Ruben,

Please bear in mind that the issue we have discussed previously about drivers and stability will probably be even more acute in a brand new gpu release such as the gtx 680. It will probably be some months before the gpu is stable in all games etc after many, many driver updates.