The Package has been Delivered! Review etc

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
InWIN DRAGON RIDER BLACK GAMING CASE
Overclocked CPU Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)
Motherboard ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, NVIDIA®SLI™, ATI®CrossFireX™
Memory (RAM) 8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)
Graphics Card 1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
2nd Graphics Card 1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready
3rd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 60GB OCZ VERTEX 3 SSD, SATA 6 Gb/s (upto 535MB/sR | 480MB/sW)
1st Hard Disk Partitions 60GB
2nd Hard Disk 750GB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD7502AAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk Partitions 250GB, 250GB, 250GB
RAID NONE
SSD CACHE DRIVE NONE
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 12x BLU-RAY ROM DRIVE, 16x DVD ±R/±RW (£45)
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive NONE
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Power Supply CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® SILVER MODULAR (£162)
Processor Cooling COOLIT ECO II A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)
Thermal Paste STANDARD OVERCLOCK THERMAL PASTE
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs
USB Options 6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour) (£5)
Delivery DELIVERY BY 10 A.M WITHIN UK MAINLAND (MON - FRI) (£19)
Build Time Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

Production Dates

Processed Date 02-09-2011
Pre-Production Date 06-09-2011
Build Date 16-09-2011
Test Date 28-09-2011
Awaiting Dispatch Date 29-09-2011
Dispatch Date 29-09-2011

Who Worked on This Order?

Built By Andrew Vincent
Tested By Aiden Ramsden
QC'd By Aiden Ramsden
Packed By Anthony Cunliffe

Well! After 1 month and a day, i finally have my PC in my room and hooked up. (Completing this post on it whilst i download my latest graphics drivers.) I cant fault PCS for what they have done, everything has worked from the go, they kept me up to date with the process and if there were any problems i got an email. If any stock was not in they gave me a timescale to wait and also alternative options (I originally ordered a 590 which wasn't gonna happen.) Connected to their phone service within 2 minutes at calling to get an update. It did take a while to build etc due to parts in or out of stock but the rig was worth the wait. Just the fact its twice the size of my old rig makes me go **** yeah. The community on the forum has been great despite my occasional moan (but everyone does that when they are waiting for something!) My only niggle with the whole process has been the delivery. I ordered before 10am, it didnt come before 10am and i get a card when i get home from work saying they tried at 9.45am when i was sat on my doorstep waiting. I dont have invisibilty perk just yet so i dont see why they couldn't have just been honest and say they delivered it late. GRRR! But anyway, i picked it up from the depot today and the box etc was pristine and i went on my merry. Im away for work as of tommorow so im glad its all sorted and i can take it with me. Relief! I would say its been a bittersweet experience as i have built my own computer before but i just wanted it done by professionals with the money i spent so i dont mess up. It looks great and nice and tidy! Truley professional job by PCS thankyou! Shame Yodel made me a bit grumpy! Will defo recommend PCS to friends.

No faults as yet with the PC, Just setting up with all my drivers etc and then ill give a more in depth review of my rig with a few pictures. So watch this space :) Got RAGE comming on friday to truly test my graphics so yeah! Awesome! Ill try getting some pics and some benchmarks for later tonight! Thanks to all the forum community for helping me with my queries and being a nice bunch!
:turned:

The Pics

See Attachments for pics!

62630381.jpg
80746012.jpg
50375280.jpg
38000320.jpg

I cant comment on performance yet as im still getting Steam and my games! Bah! But ill have a look when ive got more time!

Thanks for reading! xx

Last edited:

BennyBoyP

Bronze Level Poster
Uber jealous dude. Glad it's all good and everything's shiny. Gives me more confidence that my rig will be awesome too. Can't wait to see the pics too.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Sweet PC mate, I'm glad to hear everything went well despite the hiccup with the delivery. Will be looking forward to getting some pictures!

Usukane

Gold Level Poster
We got our PCs the same day, that's awesome =)

Really nice pics & build, i'm pretty sure you're exactly like I am at the moment - overwhelmed with your new toy & relieved you no longer have to keep refreshing xD

I added some pics to my old checkspec page, didn't dawn on me to make a new one. +Rep & stuffs for you for the pics.

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Haven't got a decent game to try it out on at the moment as the most my old PC could handle was WoW........

Booted up steam for the first time in an age and got HL2 and it runs at a steady 300 FPS on max. My old PC managed about 40 on medium. Big difference! Love it without even trying something demanding yet. Cancelled my WoW account, pre-ordered BF3 and Skyrim and gonna give RAGE a blast on friday to see how it copes! Best i have at the moment though is a few days of CS:S, TF2 and HL2. :)

If anyone can recommend some cheap games to test my PC it would be great. Been on WoW far too long and lost track of what else is out there! :) Metro 2033/Crysis 2 worth a blast?

RickyL

Haven't got a decent game to try it out on at the moment as the most my old PC could handle was WoW........

Booted up steam for the first time in an age and got HL2 and it runs at a steady 300 FPS on max. My old PC managed about 40 on medium. Big difference! Love it without even trying something demanding yet. Cancelled my WoW account, pre-ordered BF3 and Skyrim and gonna give RAGE a blast on friday to see how it copes! Best i have at the moment though is a few days of CS:S, TF2 and HL2. :)

If anyone can recommend some cheap games to test my PC it would be great. Been on WoW far too long and lost track of what else is out there! :) Metro 2033/Crysis 2 worth a blast?

You can play the Battlefield 3 Open beta at the moment. That should give you system a good workout. Get it from here

RickyL

Odd, thought I replied to this earlier...

You can download the Battlefield 3 Open Beta from here, which should give your system a good workout.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I was just looking through old posts, did you have the titan in your order and change the eco?

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
Looks real good man, +rep. Can't wait until I get mine now, will also get some photos up!

BirKy

Silver Level Poster
Aye tom, i swapped the titan out for the ECO due to stock and the fact it wouldn't have fit with the big fan in my case. It does look a lot more tidy as well i think.

From my original order i swapped the graphics (from 590 to 2 580) the PSU (850 - 1050) and the processor cooler (Titan - ECO)