Built By
James Dransfield

Tested By
Zbear Ramzan

QC'd By
Anthony Cunliffe

Packed By

Anthony Cunliffe

I'll add the keyboard pictures in my next reply.

And finally I have the pictures. Take note, this isn't a review necessarily, well not on PCS and their service, atleast. I'll be writing one up and posting it at some point. But also, I'll hopefully add more pictures when it is properly set up in my room.

All seems good up to now. The screen is clear and such, the case looked even better to me when I actually got to see it, the keyboard is great, much easier to type on than previous ones I've had. The mouse seems a little sensitive on the buttons, I was playing Bioshock infinite, and a few times by mistake used a Vigor, other than that I like the desighn, and the buttons on its left side are handy, as they allow to return to previous web pages and go back forth again, too - This is going to make me lazy, I'll never want to reach for the undo button or the back button on screen again!

The best bit; The packaging:

IMG_1742.JPG

Logitech Speakers
The speakers I haven't yet tried, no spare multi-sockets to use them currently - Fairly basic looking, but not too bad, really. Ideal for the small space in my room. (They're logitech, have a fairly slim sub-woofer and two speakers). I opted for the cheap ones as I have my gaming headset for when I want/need a better sound quality, and as it will be in my room, with the possibility of late playing, I don't have to hear people shouting "Shut up, we're trying to sleep!". :D

Iiyama Monitor, 22"
IMG_1745.JPG

The monitors buttons are weird, somewhat too. They aren't normal press-in buttons, but touch sensitive rather. Sometimes they don't seem to react at first, other times seem a little sensitive or delayed. Other than that, really like the design, looks good all over and is quite light, too. The picture is good enough for me, especially after having a quite outdated Dell one of the same size and lower quality.

Zalman Z-11
IMG_1747.JPG
IMG_1752.jpg
IMG_1752.jpg

The case - I thought I had been given a space shuttle, or weapon of mass destruction! :D It's labelled as a Mid-tower, but quite some bigger than my other computers one, and with that a fair bit heavier, too. As said above, looks better in person, even further more when turned on with the lights. Great design with numerous USB ports, one front next to the memory card reader, four at the top and I think there were four+ at the back too, atleast four of them were 3.0 speed. The power button is conveniently above the Zalman logo, so you can't as easily accidentally knock it or anything. The blue lights inside look great, also, but lets not forget that side panel window!

Razer Deathadder, Mouse
IMG_1750.jpg

The mouse is great, nice design and comfortable to use. The buttons are somewhat sensitive, but you get used to it and are more mindful of how you place your fingers on it. The lighting looks great (The picture doesn't really do it justice!) and glides smoothly. The side buttons are very handy like mentioned.

Razer Deathstalker, Keyboard

Feels great to use. It it miles better than any other I have used and very easy to type with. Reallly nice design, very slim and light. The backlit keys are a joy to the eyes. Not got much else to say, and certainly nothing negative.

GTX 670
The GPU seems to run great, played Bioshock infinite on highest settings with hardly a stutter, there were very occasional spikes, but they barely lasted a moment, if that.

General stuff

As you may have noticed, I've left the plastic coverings one some of the things for now.

The boot speed is so fast, I'm used to my other computer taking atleast triple or more the time, I was abbout to get up to make a drink out of habit in the mean time, when I noticed it was already at the log in screen.

My memory stick is 3.0, and naturally placed it into a 3.0 port, transferred a number of images that were al about 4MB or more, they were copied to the Caviar Black before I had a chance to think.

It's been well except one problem that happened today, on first turning it on. Started up okay, log on, Steam auto-starts up, I started origin, then noticed updates were available and opted to download and install. Moments later I put my USB stick in the port and open the folder, then I was opening the start menu, but that menu just froze for quite a while.

I suspect maybe the installation of the update may have caused some sorrt of interferance, waiting in hopes it responded, but nothing seemed to happen, so I checked the task manager, but there were no obvious issues I could see. At that point the updates window froze, also and wouldn't close, after a short time I decided to hit log off in hopes to log back in and it be resolved, it was sat at the logging off screen for about 15+ minutes with no change, so I held the power button and started it back up.

When the log in screen appeared, the fans sounded quite fast and remained a few minutes after I logged in, but they did slow again not too long after. Besides that, no other problems, though I've not re-initiated the update again, yet.

And I think that is everything. All in all, happy with the rig, and seems to run very well.

Last edited:

sted

Rising Star
DED, your bad comment made my net drop right after posting my second reply! :(

The attachments for some reason have to be clicked, may have been something to do with the net dropping when I hit post. :/ I'll see if I can fix it! And as you can see, I got lazy with the post. :D

Thanks everyone!

sted

Rising Star
I could, but I wont!

Nah but seriously, just left them on for now. Will take them off when the room is ready to have it properly set up and I'll take more pictures. The above ones really don't do it much justice in general, either.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Nice! I have to admit, the green and blue light combo would drive me crazy - I'd like to have everything matching. But the case looks cool when lit up! That said, I would say it's a little too "space shuttley" for me. I prefer the reserved looking. I think perhaps my next case will have a viewing window on the side. I think I'm slowly starting to treat my PC like a car - got to have a slick polished engine inside! ;)

Anyways! Nice pics and comments :)

sted

Rising Star
Thanks everyone, and sorry if the comments seem a bit rough and not very well fleshed out - Not too great with making reviews. :p

Now you can have the shiny rep sted

Oh, good.. So I don't have to come and eliminate you with my new space shuttle/Weapon of mass destruction. :D

Outerarm

Nice pics! I have a Razer Deathadder as well and I have to say it is by far and away the best mouse I have ever used. When it finally dies on my I won't hesitate to get another :)

sted

Rising Star
Yeah, it's great. Can't believe how long I've been using not so great standard ones that come with pre-built PC's I've had in the past. Haha

lewishollings

Bright Spark
Same here, I have the old 3500 blue one but I love it! don't understand where all of this internet hate comes from against razer, My experiences with there products have been great so far!

ddmartin86

Bronze Level Poster
Nice Rig!...looks a cool setup. I was going to opt for that case but instead went for the Coolermaster. Have to admit i prefer your case. I don't mind the mix of colours either, each to his own i guess. Well pleased with my 670 as well, big name titles to really push it will be purchased soon

sted

Rising Star
Thanks! I don't mind the mixture, myself. I would have prefered blue backlighting on the keyboard/mouse, I'm not that big a fan of green, but I think this one does actually look good to me.