The Ultimate 4k 165hz HDR monitor?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is the upcoming Samsung Odyssey Ark 55" 4k 165hz HDR

1000R curvature, same as most of the Odyssey lineup
Quantum Mini LED
HDR 1000+ (and that's actual not relative like the original Samsung g9) peak brightness of 2000 Nits.
1056 local dimming zones
Dolby Atmos speaker configuration built in with 4 speakers and 2 sub woofers
4 x HDMI 2.1 (one with eArc) ports (NO DP!!!)
All outputs and inputs are on the OneConnect box which is attached to the Monitor with a "OneConnect" cable that does all input / output signals plus power etc.

The OneConnect box includes Samsung Gaming Hub where they've partnered with Microsoft and you can stream any xbox game natively through the monitor OS. No download limits, no remote storage limits. You can have anything in the XBox library.

Skip to 2:40

Has finally received pre order pricing at £2699 due for delivery on 24th August

Currently, if you buy it on pre order, it comes with a free gift of:

Samsung T7 Touch Portable USB 3.2 1TB SSD worth £134

Last edited:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What is that Thumbnail?

EDIT: I can't tell if I crazy but skimming through that video why did it make total sense for it to be vertical? Have I finally lost it?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What is that Thumbnail?

EDIT: I can't tell if I crazy but skimming through that video why did it make total sense for it to be vertical? Have I finally lost it?
🤣 It's a crazy monitor, you can up/downscale the monitor you're currently working on in real time, so if you flip it horizontally, you can have 3 separate inputs and split it vertically into 3 27" monitors with separate feeds. It's nuts!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For those not viewing the video, it has an additional control box that contains basically quite a profficient neural network computer that manages the up/downscaling, plus has the inputs and outputs

1660579806488.png

A lot of people were very against the 1000R curve that Samsung introduced, but as an owner of one, I have to say it's insanely immersive, it's the closest to recreating a VR experience I've ever come to on any monitor. It makes me physically feel the effects of accelerating a car or flying on a hang glider, you feel really sucked in to the experience.

I can see this being an absolute winner for big productivity applications like video editing suites or complex studio audio uses, who then want to kick back and game.

Obviously you need deep pockets, but this is gonna be something really special.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is more of a techy in depth review which shows a lot more detail of the OneConnect box

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Perfect for watchimg tiktok or youtube shorts.
Don't get me started on that one..................................one of the new drones on the market, can shoot in that horrible format, and someone made comment the other day about going to places with beautiful LANDSCAPE & shooting tiktok videos, so i replied so shoot beautiful landscape in portrait...................(by doing so you crop 2/3 of the beautiful landscape out the shot

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That's something else isn't it o_O

Samsung are being so aggressive with their monitor spec lineup right now. Having the top end, top end, leads to sales at the lower end too.... so they know exactly what they're doing.

They're probably selling that thing at a relative loss.