The Xmas Thread!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Christmas Doggies being guilted for a photo with treats.

Happy Xmas from Bella and Daisy

20211225_082031.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Got my 14 year old nephew around. I showed him the G9 and he said in excitement "what a great aspect ratio". Asked him which were his favourite star wars films and he said episodes 4, 5 & 6. His favourite series is friends

I'm so proud of him, just exceptional taste.

He got given an Oculus Quest 2 for Xmas and I've been playing on it all afternoon!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Got my 14 year old nephew around. I showed him the G9 and he said in excitement "what a great aspect ratio". Asked him which were his favourite star wars films and he said episodes 4, 5 & 6. His favourite series is friends

I'm so proud of him, just exceptional taste.

He got given an Oculus Quest 2 for Xmas and I've been playing on it all afternoon!
I didn’t know what an aspect ratio was at that age, I can see you’ve been training the young padawan well.

What’ve you been playing on the Oculus?

CMP01

Enthusiast
It did not disappoint, was practically melting in the mouth. Would recommend if you want to treat yourself to a really posh Sunday lunch.

View attachment 31392

View attachment 31393

That looks like the mutt's nuts.

Seriously, if you sold that I'd take a subscription for every Sunday.

I will be keeping this in mind to try out once our kitch is done. Was that a marinade and roast or slow cooker/crock pot deal?

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
That looks like the mutt's nuts.

Seriously, if you sold that I'd take a subscription for every Sunday.

I will be keeping this in mind to try out once our kitch is done. Was that a marinade and roast or slow cooker/crock pot deal?
Ha, thank you! As an ex-chef, I’ve got my meat game on point and tend to go a bit mad when it comes to Christmas dinner. Not been able to go on holiday for the past two years so I treat myself to a top grade hunk of meat.

The recipe is actually a minor twist on one of Tom Kerridge’s, I’ll link his below. The tweaks I make are to sear the beef prior to putting it into the oven, to really lock in the flavour. And to put the oven on max temp after an hour and giving it another ten minutes. That way your beef isn’t cold after the resting period and carving.

We also did two types of gravy (for I am northern). A port and Stilton for the meat and a classic to go on the spuds, stuffing and veg.

I’m going to have to come up with something special next year to top this 😜

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Possibly against every grain of your being..... any tips on making French fries? I don't like potatoes.... so my chip of choice is the skinny option.

So far I've gone for Marris pipers, thinly cut and soaked in brine (water, sugar, salt & vinegar) overnight. Deep fried for 10 mins @ 150C and then deep fried for 2 mins at 200C.

They're OK.... but still not that fantastic fast food fry flavour that I'm after :D