Thermal Grizzly Kryosheet

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is really exciting, been waiting years for this.

A few years ago, Thermal Grizzly released Carbonaut which was a tiny carbon sheet with the idea it could replace paste.

The benefits are that it doesn't degrade, so especially for laptop users, it's an extreme bonus. The problem with Carbonaut was that it's cooling transfer performance wasn't up to the standards of a high quality paste. But I've been running a Carbonaut sheet in my laptop since June 2019 and it's just as good as paste, but I don't ever have to worry about temps increasing but then again, I'm not doing anything hugely strenuous on this laptop.

But now, they've just announced the Kryosheet which is a Graphene version and has the cooling potential of a HIGH END PASTE (watch the first part of this video)

They're quite expensive at around £20, but you'd easily spend that on 2 or 3 applications of normal paste over 2 or 3 years.

Any laptop users (aside from the new Recoil chassis that use liquid metal), I would strongly recommend purchasing one of these.

They come in varying sizes to accomodate your specific CPU, but you can cut it down (very carefully)

I may well use one on my next PC build.

Last edited:

HomerJ

Prolific Poster
This is really exciting, been waiting years for this.

A few years ago, Thermal Grizzly released Carbonaut which was a tiny carbon sheet with the idea it could replace paste.

The benefits are that it doesn't degrade, so especially for laptop users, it's an extreme bonus. The problem with Carbonaut was that it's cooling transfer performance wasn't up to the standards of a high quality paste. But I've been running a Carbonaut sheet in my laptop since June 2019 and it's just as good as paste, but I don't ever have to worry about temps increasing but then again, I'm not doing anything hugely strenuous on this laptop.

But now, they've just announced the Kryosheet which is a Graphene version and has the cooling potential of a HIGH END PASTE (watch the first part of this video)

They're quite expensive at around £20, but you'd easily spend that on 2 or 3 applications of normal paste over 2 or 3 years.

Any laptop users (aside from the new Recoil chassis that use liquid metal), I would strongly recommend purchasing one of these.

They come in varying sizes to accomodate your specific CPU, but you can cut it down (very carefully)

I may well use one on my next PC build.

great concept, been waiting for this for a while

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sound a great idea, keep meaning to do the laptop as I know it will not red numbers briefly when working with webODM

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So I've only seen a couple of mentions of the Cryosheet, one quick mention by Hardware Unboxed who used it in a GPU test. They just used it at the time to see how it performed against liquid metal in a ridiculous GPU. So it's GPU vs CPU, so far lower temps, it was 2c delta between liquid metal and the kryosheet, that would of course be more at the higher temps that a CPU runs at, but it is still quite impressive

Jay has just done a video on it, just watching now. I believe HUB will be doing a more in depth testing on it soonish