They paid how much?!

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
The amounts of money involved in big business are basically just insane, but I'm blown away by Take Two's acquisition of mobile games company Zynga. They're in the process of spending $12.7bn, which is a number I can't really get my head around. I enjoyed Farmville back in the early days of Facebook, and probably played many other Zynga games, but I can't help but think Take Two could have bought a couple of dozen Freddos instead!

D

Deleted member 41971

The amounts of money involved in big business are basically just insane, but I'm blown away by Take Two's acquisition of mobile games company Zynga. They're in the process of spending $12.7bn, which is a number I can't really get my head around. I enjoyed Farmville back in the early days of Facebook, and probably played many other Zynga games, but I can't help but think Take Two could have bought a couple of dozen Freddos instead!

when you consider the remaster of gta vice city etc was a disaster, spending 12 billion on a mobile dev seems really high,

according to this https://www.statista.com/statistics/276483/zyngas-quarterly-revenue/

In the third quarter of 2021, social gaming company Zynga generated a total revenue of 705 million U.S. dollars, the majority of which were derived from the company's online game segment. This represents an decrease from the 720 million U.S. dollars from the previous reporting period.

more money than sense, although take two will love the micro transactions.

EDIT - looks as if zynga made revenue of 2.78 billion for 2021, still 12 billion is a high price for the business. - https://venturebeat.com/2021/11/08/zyngas-q3-2021-bookings-of-668-are-up-6-from-a-year-ago/

Last edited by a moderator:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
not surprising this news

imagine a farmville gta crossover :ROFLMAO:
I'd probably give it a go. :ROFLMAO:

In the video, they lay out that GTA Online mobile is pretty much a given now!

There can't be too many platforms that GTAO isn't available on in some capacity

D

Deleted member 41971

I'd probably give it a go. :ROFLMAO:

In the video, they lay out that GTA Online mobile is pretty much a given now!

There can't be too many platforms that GTAO isn't available on in some capacity

mobile gaming is really lucrative by the looks of things, its though difficult for me to translate that into thinking its worth billions, how times have changed when you could nearly kill someone with an old Nokia,

boss - denz, your playing red dead on your i phone under the desk aren't you????

erm.................................maybe :LOL:

steaky360

Its proof (if ever proof was needed) that microtransactions work (in a psychological sense).

The vocal few (apparently) are those that say "I would never purchase microtransactions" or something to that effect. It appears that 'most' (or certainly enough, but I'd probably suggest most in the case of mobile platform games) folk do infact purchase them. Perhaps not regularly or anything, but lots of people doing it semi-regularly or even infrequently coupled with "the whales" (large spenders) when you've got tens or hundreds of millions of users equals billions of dollars ultimately.

Its an interesting thought. The way people (I'm obviously generalising) work is fascinating, I wish I had the time to learn a bit of proper social psychology because there must have been some fascinating insights made. Sadly I expect its going the way of the large phara companies of the late eighties and early nineties of the advances in the field are being made by (and subsequently only 'for') the companies and not society at large.

I'm going to shut up now though as this may end up going down a dark road.

Remember cookie-clicker??
1642059459747.png

I member ;)