thin blue line on desktop

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
hi all some sdvice if possible, recently when i boot pc and desktop comes up , i have a thin blue line on screnn running from the bottom to the top its on the far left hand side from where the windows start icon is and runs straight up to the top of the screen , its very thin but is there all the time . i do hope its not a graphic card error have latest drivers gtx670 and all windows updates, sometimes it will disapear after a while but always seems to be there on start up and sometimes stays there. Have googled it but cant find anything simular to what i have. if i plug my old pc in then i do not have this line and no other channels on the tv which i use has this . any ideas would be good. also just noticed if i change screen resolution and go back to native res it has gone

Last edited:

Music Guy123

Prolific Poster
I am not certain, could be your graphics card that won't play ball but I can't tell! Have you tried using a different cable by any chance? It could be that the cable isn't able to carry the full res (could possibly be damaged.). I'd suggest a call to PCS though, it is the best way out! I think it will be the gpu!

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
thanks for the reply, i will try another cable as you suggest i did get the cable from pcs so will try another and see if it makes a difference. although i do have a feeling one of my gpu maybe starting to go a bit funny, but will give pcs a call just to get it checked out:)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
thanks for the reply, i will try another cable as you suggest i did get the cable from pcs so will try another and see if it makes a difference. although i do have a feeling one of my gpu maybe starting to go a bit funny, but will give pcs a call just to get it checked out:)

Try doing a clean installation of beta drivers or previous drivers.

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
well the drivers i have installed are the latest ones and i did the the custom install, which cleans old ones first, i can give that a try if you think it maye help, thanks .

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I am assuming you have the 301.42 drivers, you could try the beta 304.48 or 304.79

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
just a little update , spoke to pcs and was told basically the line on the desktop that appears is proberly gpu and i should remove one at a time and find out which one is causing it and pcs will send out a replacement , also during playing a game i had a message on screen something about memory and it had lowered my graphic setting during a game which just adds to the gpu starting to play up. I am not dissapointed in pcs but i am starting to get a little dissapointed with several so called name companys that make the pc parts as they do seem to keep making me have issues. only had pc about 2 months if that, already had new motherboard , processor , new case parts and now a new gpu soon by the looks of it. im just waiting for a hdd to start playing up now. then there is my gf who goes into currys , pays £300 for a laptop and it runs good no poblems , anyway thats the rant over just getting a bit annoyed with what seems to be endless issues with my pc, which is no fault of my own or pcs as they only put the pc togeather( apart from the time i sent the pc back with 8 g of ram and it returned with 6 lol) , but was resolved in 24 hours. i cannot fault the pcs aftersales service :) . So am away for a few days then i shall return home and get the gpu issue resolved and keep my fingers crossed , thats gonna be the end of it and i can have confidence in my pc which at this moment i dont have at all and every time its switched on i am paronoid about something happening, so much that i have kept my old pc just in case .

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Sorry to hear that but there is a risk when you customised a pc part by part, I had a few issues as well but with patience and support/help from PCS technical support my rig is performing very well. It is pretty unlucky to have so many issues with different parts but I am confident it'll be resolved soon and you can enjoy it :)