thinking of buying an Optimus III for gaming.

Adli

Enthusiast
its currently in in-building. its assembled but waiting for the CPU which is a popular model.

im surprised at the speed of it, processing and pre-production was done really fast (ordered it last night and it was in-building when i checked at midday today) so hopefully that reduces the waiting time :)

keynes

Multiverse Poster
its currently in in-building. its assembled but waiting for the CPU which is a popular model.

im surprised at the speed of it, processing and pre-production was done really fast (ordered it last night and it was in-building when i checked at midday today) so hopefully that reduces the waiting time :)

That is pretty fast! I had to wait around 21 working days for mine :(

Adli

Enthusiast
ouch, im kind of kicking myself for ordering on a thursday night (since there is only 1 working day left) but i've been forgetting to order it for long enough already :p

Adli

Enthusiast
its the Core i7 3610QM. apparently its one of the hardest Ivy-Bridge CPUs to source, but hopefully it'll arrive today :)

rhx123

I was told they'd have my CPU in on a Wednesday (i5-2450m), then it didn't arrive and they said it'd be a Thursday, and by the Friday it still hadn't arrived. (They said there supplier is not very good at meeting ETAs) (new supplier time pcs?) In the end I chose to go switch to the ivy bridge equivalent, and it's now just awaiting dispatch. Just saying don't get your hopes up that it will be soon :p

Adli

Enthusiast
its been dispatched (woo!). it was in transit but now its back at the sortation facility, what gives? are there multiple sortation facilities or has the delivery/tracking borked itself?

edit: its in transit again. no idea what is going on but something is, so that's good.

Last edited: