Thinking of Getting this

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
Case
InWIN DRAGON RIDER BLACK GAMING CASE

Overclocked CPU
Overclocked Intel® Core™i7-2600k Quad Core (3.40GHz @ max 4.80GHz)

Motherboard
ASUS® SABERTOOTH P67 (NEW REV 3.0): USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, THERMAL ARMOR!

Memory (RAM)
8GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (2 x 4GB KIT)

Graphics Card
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

2nd Graphics Card
1.5GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 580 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

Memory - 1st Hard Disk
1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK WD1002FAEX, SATA 6 Gb/s, 64MB CACHE (7200rpm)

1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM

Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (XD, MS, CF, SD, etc) + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Power Supply
CORSAIR 1050W PRO SERIES™ HX1050-80 PLUS® SILVER MODULAR (£162)

Processor Cooling
COOLIT ECO II A.L.C (ADVANCED LIQUID COOLER) (£59)

Thermal Paste
ARCTIC COOLING MX-3 HIGH THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND (£9)

Sound Card
Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ Titanium - Fatal1ty Champion Series (£148)

Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT - AS STANDARD ON ALL PCs

USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD

Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)

Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)

Anti-Virus
BULLGUARD INTERNET SECURITY - FREE 90 DAY TRIAL

Headsets (VOIP)
LOGITECH® GAMING HEADSET G35 - 7.1 SURROUND SOUND (£79)

Warranty
3 Year Platinum Warranty (3 Year Collect & Return, 3 Year Parts, 3 Year labour) (£135)

Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)

Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days

Ignore comments at bottom, what do you think about these specs may downclock it to 4.2 though

Last edited:

Petchi b

Are going to be overclocking the CPU? If not, you can get the non k variant. 16GB of RAM is a bit much, save money and reduce to 8GB, also change to Samsung if not overclocking. Also not sure you should be spending £100 on a CPU cooler unless you are doing some serious overclocking. Case = CM HAF-X...if its too much £, I would defo recommend a CM case, although there is a few other decent ones which I'm sure you will be informed of.

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
UHHHHH i thought the processor was already overclocked *slaps head*
which processor on here do you think would match up close to the 2600K 3.4 ?

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
You can buy it overclocked, just use the overclocked PC configurater, PCS overclock it for you.
Dayyum need some time to rethink now :p Also can i downclock it cause i dont want anything going wrong with it 2 years down line :L

Last edited:

Petchi b

The 2600k is made for overclocking if thats what you want to do. If not you can buy it already overclocked at extra cost. Or you can buy the 2600 (without k) if you are not interested in overclocking at all.

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
The 2600k is made for overclocking if thats what you want to do. If not you can buy it already overclocked at extra cost. Or you can buy the 2600 (without k) if you are not interested in overclocking at all.

I want a 4.00 + GHZ CPU but i dont want it maxed out. So im saying maybe when i buy it am i able to downclock it to something lower?

Petchi b

The only way to get a 4.0GHz CPU is to get one overclocked. Yes you can downclock it. But if you choose to get one already overclocked you can choose a speed that you are comfortable with.

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
The only way to get a 4.0GHz CPU is to get one overclocked. Yes you can downclock it. But if you choose to get one already overclocked you can choose a speed that you are comfortable with.

So PCS will overclock it to something i want :)?

Teaz

Godlike
No i dont see all it says is i7 2600k (3.4 GHZ @ max 4.8)

its here :)

The sabertooth does have a pci slot. it just wont be usable if you went for an SLI setup with the 570s. you can only use the pci-e. not really any different the pci-e slots when using typical components like wireless cards or soundcards and such.

you may want to look into the nzxt phantom case or the alike for your use if you plan to sli.

Last edited:

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
its here :)

The sabertooth does have a pci slot. it just wont be usable if you went for an SLI setup with the 570s. you can only use the pci-e. not really any different the pci-e slots when using typical components like wireless cards or soundcards and such.

you may want to look into the nzxt phantom case or the alike for your use if you plan to sli.
When i was setting it up it said i had to take an GPU off or take the extra usb slots off or my sound card :p
But i dont think i'd need any extra slots 2 GPUs and 1 Sound card and 6 USB Slots s enough for me i guess. But im still considering my options on the case :L
(99£ cooler wont fit in phantom even though im going for the advanced cooler but dont want things to get cluttred.

Last edited:

tom_gr7

Life Serving
I'd go for the haf-x if you are spending that much, and have the budget for it. its massive and has loads and loads of room inside.

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
I'd go for the haf-x if you are spending that much, and have the budget for it. its massive and has loads and loads of room inside.
Hmm one of the sale advisors suggested to me to go with the Inwin dragon because it has a water hole feature. Also the diamter is only larger on the HAF - X to the dragon rider but im still unsure? Is the water hole really necessary?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Hmm one of the sale advisors suggested to me to go with the Inwin dragon because it has a water hole feature. Also the diamter is only larger on the HAF - X to the dragon rider but im still unsure? Is the water hole really necessary?

Are you adding a custom watercooling loop then?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
Uhh whats one of them.. If it helps im buying a coolit ALC from PCS with the pc :)

I Have the eco with my pc, I was wondering why it would be suggested about the water hole feature as I'm pretty sure they are only used when making a custom water loop.

What is your proposed up to date spec and budget?

Last edited:

haroon158

Bronze Level Poster
I Have the eco with my pc, I was wondering why it would be suggested about the water hole feature as I'm pretty sure they are only used when making a custom water loop.

What is your proposed up to date spec and budget?

Well nothing over £2300 and i really want these type of specs sound card gtx 580 sli 2600k sandybridge (may not overclock it) Im also looking for a good case which will keep good airflow to the 2 gtx 580s keeping them below 70 degrees at 50 - 70% load

Last edited: