Thinking of selling my Genesis IV...

Yamikotai

Expert
...and buying one of the Ultranote 15.6" when they get updated to Haswell. I'm thinking of selling it as-is for, say, £750, and getting a decent UltraNote with a 240GB SSD which will run me for slightly less. I'll wait for Haswell since I want to get Iris 5100 or 5200 integrated GPU, and because hey, it's Haswell which is great for ultrabooks (battery life).

Just wondering whether £750 is a good asking price? It's an excellent machine for heavy work.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Put it on eBay and see how it goes. Considering you can get an Optimus with a better gpu for a similar price and it is second hand I think the asking price is too high.

Yamikotai

Expert
That's true, and while it's not for gaming I must admit it's harder to sell a workstation laptop second-hand than it is a gaming laptop. Think maybe £699 sounds reasonable?

I'd need to send it in to PCS for a look at before I sell it, though - pretty sure it needs a BIOS update to recognise all 16GB, and the USB2 port barely works (not really an issue for me, but does hinder resale value).